Proactive Human Resources Director with exceptional ability to leverage talent and best practices to drive organizational effectiveness. Accomplished Executive Director of Human Resources offering 21 years of comprehensive experience developing HR functions, cultivating positive work environment and collaborating with all levels of management. Expertise in planning and managing recruitment, staffing, classification, compensation, employee and labor relations and developing and communicating activity-wide policies and procedures. Goal-oriented and personable professional committed to improving talent acquisition and increasing organizational effectiveness. Effective Director of Human Resources knowledgeable in workers' compensation and personnel policies. Career success achieved through effective communication and compliance understanding. Certified in Employee Relation and Investigations; Labor Relation; Developing HR Capabilities in Strategy, Leadership, and Change
· Developed, managed, and administered comprehensive human resources and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program for all US Navy activities located in Naval District Washington, with a serviced population of approximately 2,000 civilian employees. Manage two - five-person teams providing Naval District Washington, Human Resources Office.
· Managed labor relations and employee relation staffing, classification, compensation, placement & recruitment policy.
· Developed, edited, and issued DON-wide staffing, classification, compensation, recruitment, placement & suitability policies, and processes. Programs included: Merit staffing, Delegated and competitive examining, Student and recent graduate programs, people with disabilities & Veterans hiring programs.
· Created and implemented several different compensation plans including management, operations, and administrative.
· Provided oversight of litigation cases through the development of consistent use of positive human resource policies and procedures, sound performance management practices, and proactive management training programs.
· Provided oversight of redesigning and updating job descriptions for the department
· Supervised approximately 15 employees through3 subordinate supervisors. Fully executed the civilian human resources (HR) programs for 8000+ employees throughout the National Capital Region.
· Provided authoritative advice, guidance, and direction to top-level
management and key operating officials throughout the region on HR strategies, programs, regulations, and practices.
Served as the National Security Personnel System (NSPS) Program Manager charged to convert Naval District Washington, Human Resources Office, and offices throughout the National Capital Region (NCR) into DoDs pay for performance system. Secured a $1M contract used to strategically plan, educate, train, and prepare employees and managers for this new HR system. Worked with officials to design pay pool structures and facilitate the efficient operation of pay pool execution. Developed and delivered an executive brief for Senior Officers, and Senior Executive Service Members. Briefed Union Officials.
§ Orchestrated Competitive Privatization and Outsourcing studies.
· Provided strategic human capital management involving long-term planning and other strategic management approaches to develop integrated human capital strategic plans and management strategies that achieve a high-performance workforce to meet current and future mission requirements, support activity strategic and programmatic goals, and achieve organizational success.
As the Human Capital Officer advised and assists the activities top management and other activity officials in carrying out the activity's responsibilities for selecting, developing, training and managing/supervising a high-performance workforce in accordance with merit systems principles/programs and laws and regulations governing administration of civilian personnel.
Position Management and Classification. Provided oversight and maintains accountability for activities programs in job analysis, job evaluation, pay administration, and organizational design. Oversees work and approves strategies, project plans, and recommendations as it performs its corporate operational mission in these program areas.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: