Seeking to be a team member as a Airframe and Powerplant Technician
Skilled Aircraft Mechanic knowledgeable in all areas of modification and repair aircraft. Adept at performing in-process and final aircraft inspections with commitment to unfailing accuracy and safety.
Highly skilled airframe and powerplant mechanic with 25 years in aviation maintenance industry. Repaired and maintained aircraft engines, flight systems and avionics at large MRO facility for 20 years. Exceptional technical skills and attention to detail leading to management and client satisfaction.
Detail-oriented Aircraft professional skilled in directing, monitoring and performing preventive and unscheduled aircraft maintenance. Thorough knowledge of standard industry hardware and materials with continuous drive for new knowledge.
Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements. Consistently saved costs while increasing profits.
I was in charge of Embraer Composite Layup and assembly shops for rudder and elevators. I supervised several FAI certifications for 195/1785 composite parts. I also lead the team for CF6 engine cowl Layup and assemblies. My other project responsibility was assembly of V22 Ramp and door.
THE BOEING COMPANY | North Charleston, SC October 2011 – May 2016
Global world-class aviation company providing aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul to the manufacturing of aircraft interior products.
Quality Assurance Manager | Boeing Commercial Aircraft 787 Program
• Received “Quality Cup” Award for using LEAN processes creating innovative solution and process improvement plan saving Boeing $2M in rework and improved scheduling efficiencies.
• Supervised daily operations of up to 45 employees including performance management, delegating tasks, safety initiatives to ensure alignment with resource management and production goals.
• Performed RCCA inspections on procedures and installation plans for aircraft assembly including hands-on audits to ensure compliance with Boeing BAC's and FAR's utilizing ASO9100 procedures.
• Utilized aircraft repair and modification experience working alongside engineers to develop air-worthy design saving $250K.
• Oversaw airworthiness release for test flight aircraft and issued 8130-6 to ODA/FAA representative for final certification on 787 aircraft.
• Designated as a signing authority on 8130-3 parts acceptance.
• Created reports with OVE to facilitate senior management briefings reporting damage or design change requirements to the A/C.
• Authorized to perform inspections, maintenance and structural repair and composites as a licensed Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) Mechanic.
• Coordinated and monitored vendor maintenance for large repairs.
• Directed proper installations through accurate interpretation of blueprints.
Quality Control Inspector | Boeing 787 Program
• Performed inspections on the mid-body assemblies for 787 aircraft. Performed RCCA inspections on procedures and installation plans for aircraft assembly.
• Completed visual inspections and non-destructive tests.
• Evaluated components and final products against quality standards and manufacturing specifications.
• Mentored new employees demonstrating administrative procedures, instructing on company policies and performance standards.
Job Titles Held: