Collaborative Recruiting Leader with over 10 years experience continuously exceeding recruiting goals while leading organizations and recruiters. Passionate about providing excellent customer-service while optimizing growth and quality. Built trusted relationships over several years with Stephanie Roberts, Director of Operations, Amy Anderson, Value Stream Supervisor, and Ryan Doyle, Value Stream Supervisor, all at the Bloomington IN location.
Serves as President of 7-member board responsible for 17M annual budget supporting 21k citizens. Partners with Hiring Managers and HR to build requisitions based on manager needs, evaluates salary and benefits data in order pipeline competitive candidates, tracks fill rates for skilled and unskilled candidates, leads recruiting policy and strategy development, meets monthly to discuss hiring goals and requisition activity data.
•Fostered passive candidate generation through tying pay and benefits packages to targeted recruiting efforts, doubling position candidates in one year period.
• Modified salary, benefits and work schedules to ensure select positions remained competitive against adjacent municipalities, which resulted in retention rate of over 90%.
• Optimized county government by creating leaner models of manning for legacy personnel requirements, reducing budget expenditures by 7%.
• Successfully achieved perfect attendance over 7 year period, consecutively completing 137 regular, special, and executive advertised meetings without absence.
• Increased Sheriff's department personnel by 8 positions, adding new patrolman, jailers, and school resource officers to combat methamphetamine crimes, almost doubling previous yearly arrest rate.
• Increased transparency in local government by implementing you-tube government channel and question/answer period after each public meeting, effectively bypassing effects of COVID 19 restrictions and enabling public engagement to increase.
• As Chamber of Commerce “Chamber Captain” and grant signatory, personally led efforts to bring $250k grant to county and distribute it to 73 local employers, which effectively saved 271 local employees, of which 240 were from moderate to low income families.
Primary Human Resources leader for 1,100 military personnel and families. Responsible for personnel performance reports, social event planning, award program, equal opportunity program, safety program, military pay, drug and alcohol testing, and personnel records and administration.
• Supervised hiring of 75 new active duty personnel into critical occupations for major mission, personally leading recruiting operations which cut staffing times by 50%.
• Developed and implemented personnel status tracking program which streamlined combining of personnel tasks, skills, training, and other requirements into organized system, which reduced legacy data input times by 75%
• Successfully planned and executed largest soldier reintegration event in state of Indiana history, providing accommodations, logistics, training, medical and mental health programs, and education to 1500 soldiers and their families.
• Achieved over 300% growth in unit morale, armory, and officers funds over 2 year period, allowing for affordability of higher force readiness and senior leader recognition programs.
• As senior full-time officer in charge, achieved pass rates on inspections of 7 armories, 40 full time personnel, and all state and federal assigned equipment with no financial or property losses over 2 year period.
• Served as post deployment educator for organization, developing 12 lesson plans and teaching over 900 personnel training subjects such as sexual harassment, sexual assault, equal employment opportunity, suicide awareness, ethics, and controlling classified information over 2 month period.
CEO of organization of 132 wartime/160 peacetime personnel, responsible for mission, as well as welfare and safety of those under command. Ensures standards, respect, Army values, and discipline are adhered to. Responsible for training management, administration, unit recruiting and retention, unit safety program, policies and procedures and maintenance/care of over $37M of equipment.
• Awarded Bronze Star Medal for combat service.
• Created partnership with 5 adjacent units in combat environment to cross-train 131 team members on organizational equipment in order to teach mastery of non-unit assigned property.
• Designed evaluation report rating chain matrix that out-produced previous evaluation completion timelines by 20% while preserving quality and substance.
• In additional role as education officer, mandated enrollment of 1 credit hour personal management skills class though Vincennes University to 91 non-degree holding personnel, creating opportunity for these personnel to have their military education evaluated and degree roadmap established.
• As chief trainer in company facilitated training and education of 110 warfighting and domestic warrior tasks to 131 personnel resulting in 98% unit completion rate.
• Developed composite risk management risk assessment which resulted in organization being accident free through 97 combat missions and 138,536 miles.
• Fostered cultural and disciplined command climate that resulted in 0 equal opportunity, sexual assault, and sexual harassment incidents or complaints over 24 month tenure of command.
• Commanded 131 soldiers in Operation Iraqi Freedom VIII, completing 240 combat missions in over 300,000 miles of dangerous roadways, detonating 25 improvised explosive devices and reacting to small arms fire attacks, bringing 100% of unit members home to their families.
Serves as Managing Director's primary staff officer for forecasting, analyzing, and planning recruiting professional staff for 4000 person organization. Negotiates career field, bonuses, duty assignments, and incentives to create win-win outcomes for organization and applicant. Performs canvassing through face-to-face interaction, cold calling, direct mail, internet, post data mined scientific research, and print news in order to increase recruiting production. Analyzes character, background, and social history for security clearance essential positions.
• Awarded 2 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Army Commendation Medals, and 3 Army Achievement Medals for recruiting success.
• Officer Recruiter of the Year" for State of Indiana three consecutive years.
• Supervised recruiting team of 4 officer recruiters covering 24 counties, 5 major universities, and 4 major metropolitan areas.
• Exceeded recruiting quota nine consecutive years, 6 of which were in low demographical area that had previously been abandoned due to poor production.
• Increased recruiting production 17% by creating and implementing innovative marketing plans working with community members and centers of influence.
• As operations and training manager facilitated and instructed largest pre-recruiting school training program to 63 recruiters over 2 week period.
• Selected over 8 other recruiters to be first recruiter assigned to Indiana University ROTC, exceeding 131% of recruiting production during first year assigned.
• Served as Field Recruiter, Career Counselor, Retention Manager, College Recruiter, Operations and Training Manager, officer recruiter and Recruiting Supervisor over ten year period, resulting in a Direct Appointment to rank of 2nd Lieutenant.
• Over 6 year period, increased female recruiting by 300% while doubling minority hiring.
Member- Youth Advisory Council, Owen County, Indiana
Member- FFA Advisory Board, Spencer, Indiana
Member-Extension Board, Spencer, Indiana
Secretary-Owen County Redevelopment Commission, Spencer, Indiana
Past Member/Chamber Captain-Chamber of Commerce, Spencer Indiana
Past Member-Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Spencer, Indiana
Past Member-Fair Board, Spencer, Indiana
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: