Law enforcement professional looking to apply for a position acting as a liaison for demonstration events. Strong interest in employing communication skills, intelligence gathering, and team collaboration. Experience in team environments with people from varied backgrounds that are put into stressful situations. Strong desire to continually improve abilities through additional training and experiences (professional and volunteer). Flexibility to adjust shifts and respond to call out incidents.
High level of internal motivation
Strong interest in employing communication skills
Excellent team player
Sound and mature decision maker
Strong integrity and work ethic
Exceptional problem solver
Strong desire to pursue self development
Relevant Professional Experience
Police Officer, 08/2015 to CurrentPortland Police Bureau － Portland, OR- Currently the B shift district officer in the Powellhurst-Gilbert Portland neighborhood. Officer with 4.5 years with PPB and a record that outlines solid decision making: 0 preventable accidents, 0 negative disciplinary actions, numerous commendations and numerous positive EIS entries. Additional duties consist of the Rapid Response Team, Rapid Response Team communication team, detached Trimet officer, cadet advisor, control tactics satellite instructor, patrol rifle operator, 40 mm less lethal operator, and member of the enhanced crisis intervention team.
Infantry Officer-1st Lieutenant (Promotable), 06/2012 to 08/2015United States Army － Fort Drum, NY
Company Executive Officer
- Afforded opportunity to be second in command of a 100-man infantry company. Primarily responsible for various tasks which include, but not limited to resourcing training, training development, administrative supervision, peer mentoring newer officers, and ensuring the maintenance and accountability of over $20 million worth of property and equipment.
I gained experience in planning, team problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
*Rated in top third of executive officers in the organization.
- Afforded opportunity to lead a 20-man Infantry platoon in preparation for a combat deployment to Afghanistan.
Managed all aspects of training, discipline, welfare, unit readiness, and deployment preparation.
Accountable for five vehicles and 28 weapons systems worth in excess of $2.5 million. I gained experience in planning, intelligence processing, team problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
Port Security Specialist, 04/2007 to 10/2009United States Coast Guard － San Pedro, CA
- Trained in general law enforcement techniques and procedures in order to provide shore side and
waterside security of critical national security assets. Deployed to the middle east in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom in order to provide
security within port regions that were used as a hub for the distribution of national security assets. Member of a small team of approximately ~10 members. I gained experience in experience in operating in harsh environments and team operations with members from varied backgrounds.
Bachelor of Arts:Criminal Justice,2012University of Nevada, Las Vegas － Las Vegas, NV
- Graduated Magnum Cum Laude with a 3.9 GPA.
- Member of Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Crisis/Hostage Negotiation Level I (5 days)
Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (2 days)
Enhanced Crisis Intervention Team Course (4 days)
Satellite Control Tactics Instructor Course (4 days)
Patrol Rifle Operator Course (6 days)
Less Lethal Launcher Operator Course (2 days)
Basic Crowd Control Course (3 days)
Portland Police Bureau Advanced Academy (12 weeks)
* Recipient of
outstanding defensive tactics award.
State of Oregon Basic Police Academy (16 weeks)
* Recipient of the Leo B. App Top Shooter award.
Code 4 Tactics (C4C-X) Control Tactics Course (2 days)
Course designed to provide students with contemporary
principles and concepts of controlling subjects before, during, and
after use-of-force encounters.
Verbal skills, confrontation management, conflict resolution and
de-escalation are emphasized in order to problem solve and minimize use
US Army- Ranger School (61 days)
- Sixty-one day course designed to develop combat leadership while enduring an immense amount of mental,
physical, and psychological stressors. The course also focuses on analyzing and incorporating intelligence into decision making. Historically the course has maintained a 50% attrition rate.
US Army- Airborne School (15 days)
- Course designed to place students in situations typically perceived as fearful and overcome their fear and
function under stress. This is achieved through the process of exiting an aircraft in flight several times.
US Army- Air Assault School (10 days)
- Course designed to train students to operate in and around helicopters. One key phase of the course teaches students the confidence to rappel from great heights , which include tall structures and a hovering helicopter.
US Army- Infantry Basic Officer Leader's Course (17 weeks)
- Trained and given experience in various topics to include, but not limited to: management skills, interpersonal communication, training development, intelligence processing, decision making exercises, systematic mission planning, stress induced decision making, and other various leadership/military skills.
* Graduated on the Commandant's List (top 10% of
US Army- Reserve Officer Training Corps Program (3 years)
- Trained and given experience in various topics to include, but not limited to: basic management techniques, interpersonal communication, training development, ethics, professional writing, personnel management, mission planning, and other various leadership/military skills.
* Graduated within the top 2.5% of over 5,000 cadets nationwide.
Relevant Extracurricular Activities
Lines for Life (Suicide Hotline) Volunteer [UPCOMING]- Application submitted and received by Lines for Life. Initial orientation completed and on-boarding process upcoming.
Toastmasters International- Club that focuses on public speaking, impromptu speaking, and listening abilities. Club meets once a week.