Through my managerial accounting and internal and external audit experiences, I have developed solid leadership, communication, and organizational skills, necessary to succeed in the business environment.
• Responsible for accuracy of financial monthly reports and transactions at the plant; specifically inventory, costing, accounts payable, payroll, and capital assets
• Responsible for compliance with SOX/Internal Controls at small manufacturing facility
• Prepare/Review monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
• Facilitate annual budgeting process at the plant
• Overall responsibility for all payroll related activities, including resolving discrepancies in pay and hours
• Overall responsibility for all production related activities and verify it is reported timely and accurately and any discrepancies are resolved timely
• Supervise two direct reports; one who performs all administrative tasks (i.e., invoice processing, payroll, etc) and the other for inventory control and production reporting
• Implemented and administer Kronos Time and Attendance systems
• Provide timely and accurate inventory costing information to plant management
• Reponsible for maintaining budgets for capital dollars and that all spend is accounted for correctly
• Maintains fixed assets listing for plant and resolves issues as needed
• Resolves issues with accounts payables; includes direct materials and services
• Provides training on as needed basis for payroll, inventory, and accounts payable systems at the plant
• Experience working with Corporate Legal function for review of small contracts for plant
• Serve as Sustainability Coordinator for plant; responsbilities include reporting utility usage, waste, and recycling information to corporate, increasing plant recycling efforts, and coordinating new waste disposal contract for plant
• Served as lead auditor for 20 plant audits, ensuring audit procdures were planned, executed, and concluded timely, accurately, and completely. Resolved numerous issues as they arose during fieldwork and communicated results to Internal Audit Manager and senior plant management.
• Through communication with process owners, updated internal controls documentation on four different business processes some of which included Pensions, Worker's Compensation, Healthcare and Benefits and Financial Statement Close Process.
• Tested and monitored Sarbanes-Oxley compliance of these different business processes.
• Analyzed internal control effectiveness, recommended and implemented enhancements to the internal control process.
• Reported ongoing results to business process owners and Internal Audit Director.
• Performed and communicated results of data conversion testing for the Inventory process related to the acquisition of Folgers.
• Served as in-charge accountant on clients in various industries including Manufacturing, Waste Management, and Communications Services as well as Employee Benefit Plans.
• Prioritized and managed simultaneous projects and supervised multiple audit staff members.
• Prepared audit file with individualized testing strategy based on discussions with partner, manager, and client.
• Determined timeline of audit based on client deadline and availability of partner, manager, and audit staff.
• Educated audit staff on the fundamentals of auditing and the Grant Thornton methodology.
• Reviewed audit staff work.
• Documented internal control processes, and assessed risk.
• Communicated issues and findings with partner, manager, and client.
• Ensured financials were prepared in accordance with firm policies and GAAP.
• Prepared audit engagement letters and representation letters in accordance with professional standards.
• Performed audit procedures on multiple audit engagements in several industries
• Served as In-charge accountant on various benefit plan audits
Participated in BW's MBA in Accounting Program while simultaneously completed my Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration with an Accounting Major and Finance Minor.
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
Institute of Internal Auditors
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: