Newly graduated pharmacist that is patient centered and goal-oriented with experience in hospital, community and industry/managed care pharmacy environments. Collaborative and customer-focused with proven ability to partner with multi-disciplinary teams to discuss medications and potential drug interactions. Excellent record of maintaining positive relationships with customers, pharmaceutical representatives, medical professionals, insurance providers and healthcare organizations. Highly motivated and dedicated professional who is committed to serving te healthcare industry Eager to contribute to a healthcare team willing to serve the needs of a diverse patient population while enhancing my clinical, professional and leadership role. Confident team player, thriving on challenge and with a positive, cheerful attitude to patient care, clinical practice and academic study.
A clinical rotation that took part during my studies to gain firsthand experience from different areas in pharmacy
· Delivered training on device use and storage to enhance support for different groups of patients.
· Evaluated patient histories to assess medication compliance and spot issues such as doctor shopping or excessive usage.
· Identified, interpreted, analyze, evaluated and synthesized information to identify level of harm with insulin diabetes related Incidences in Children at BJC Hospital.
· Participated in interdisciplinary healthcare teams and informatics team to focus on patient care and reduce medication error
· Presented studies to see the efficacy of GlucoStabilizer vs manual insulin drip to combat hyper/hypoglycemia in critical care patients
· Proficient in EHR Software
· Created a plan to ensure the efficacy and compliance in the latest Drug Recall in Losartan with patients associated in the 340B Pharmacy System
· Assessed and educated individual patients on diabetes management.
· Coordinated and organized a diabetes health clinic where patients learned the basics about diabetes, nutrition, signs and symptoms about hyper/hypoglycemia, etc.
· Started the SPRAVATO REMS program enrollment and screened eligible patients.
· Assisted with Community Health Nurses and made on-site visits to patients to help with compliance and adherence with medications
Directed a health fair clinic and assisted with immunizations, vaccines, diabetes and hypertension management.
Medical Managed Care Rare BloodDisorderTeam Cambridge, MA
· Assisted in the preparation of the Alprolix and Eloctate slide decks in Hemophilia Management
· Assisted in AMCP Nexus Congress Planning for the Medical Managed Care Team
· Researched the US Policy vs. International Policy on healthcare services, drug outcomes, and clinical outcomes for clinical development of current medications.
· Evaluated medical literature to determine drug efficacy and potential therapeutic targets for different patient populations
· Assisted on the Hematologist/Oncology/Immunology and the Multiple Sclerosis disease state teams for the Medical Managed Care Rare Blood Disorder Team. This opportunity gave me insight into how Sanofi collaborates with different payer companies while still advocating for the patient
· Attended a field ride with a Medical Science Liaison related to Lemtrada for Multiple Sclerosis. Accompanied the MSL on-field ride visits to the MS Infusion Center of Atlanta and met with healthcare professionals to discuss the effects of Lemtrada and the breakthrough it has on patients while also answering any questions researchers or healthcare professionals had
Premier Pharmacy andWellnessCenterCharlotte,NC
· Instrumental in coordinating and organizing monthly health fairs, which included marketing, setting up, delegating tasks to technicians, and performing various direct patient care (blood pressure checks, BMI measurements, cholesterol tests, anticoagulation therapy, blood glucose). Increased health awareness, nutrition, and education regarding healthy lifestyle and medication
· Formulated and compounded multiple dosage forms tailored to patient needs (including ointments, creams, gels, solutions, suspensions, troches, capsules, sublingual tablets, inhalation solution, etc.)
· Performed medication therapy management to optimize patient's therapy and to make sure patients were adherent to medication signed them up for automatic refill which increased sales by 25%
· Implemented Sickle Cell awareness campaign that educated patients and raised compliance
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: