Results-oriented leader with more than twenty years of comprehensive experience overseeing residential, commercial and industrial construction projects. Well-versed in contract negotiations, resource allocations and project scheduling. Solid knowledge of building codes, accepted industry construction standards and municipal zoning laws.
· Completion of $23M of capital improvements projects within 5% of projections for select multi-family high rise communities Miami Florida and Ft Lauderdale Florida from 2018-2020
· Meet with stakeholders to understand project objectives, assemble plan of action and establish teams best suited to accomplish project goals.
· Completed $9M worth of unit renovations with an average of $25K per unit.
· Supporting, coaching and developing direct reports (Capital Project Managers and Coordinators)
· Supporting process improvement effort, process improvement initiatives and tools that will be best used to effectively execute strategic and complex projects following project management best practices
· Mentoring project managers on capital projects through the development and implementation of best practices
· Executing strategic and complex projects to cost, schedule, and performance expectations
· Developing impactful project communication plans
· Developing capital, expense, and operating estimates and ten- year capital expenditure plans for each property.
· Serve as substitute for the Director/VP Capex in all project administrative matters.
· Vetted, qualified and hired all GC firms and contractors of license and qualified trade.
· Continuously managed a diverse construction project load at different locations and within different phases of development within aggressive schedule and budgetary constraints.
· Organize and Chair weekly executive summaries for Sr. executives with timely, detailed and accurate project information, schedules and budgets
· Developed RFP, ITB and SOW for outsource project management services resulting in reduced costs and liability while maintaining schedule and quality
· Negotiated field work orders, reducing change orders and costs by project.
· Collaborated with architects and engineers for permit acquisition, administering proposals, project SOW, budget resources, scheduling and ensuring that CD submittals met with County and municipality code compliances prior to permit submittals
· Reduced budgets from 20-30% by integrating value engineering and cost optimization with energy efficient products and alternative building materials.
· Successfully managed transition of three operations teams under same ownership.
· Successful management and rebuild coordination of an unanticipated $8M water casualty loss within the project, under ACM conditions in an occupied 176-unit multifamily dwelling
· Coordinated, established and enforced milestone schedules with environmental, mitigation and build back teams, ensuring insurance protocols best practice and coordinating site walks with insurance adjusters and owners' representative
· Management of $15M capex and renovation budget allocated toward highly sensitive redevelopment projects and renovations.
· Provided constant, effective and timely communications between property owners, architect, engineers, general contractor, sub-contractors, support services, local officials and property personnel regarding
· Schedule and facilitate weekly and various project meetings in order to successfully coordinate all work activity.
· Administration of all building documents, contracts, plans-set specifications, permit revisions architectural and engineers RFI's, Design ID drawings, contractor provisions/exclusions, and all consultant related data related to the project design and execution.
· Develop schedule of values. Structure draws/payments in accordance with work in place and on time.
· Adjust and update projected total spends and forecasted distributions on the management platform for all active projects.
· Review payment requisitions and draws, prepare change orders and conduct thorough change order reviews with the GC's, architects, design or consultants for all soft costs related to the project.
· Anticipated and initiated action on risks, issues and problems
· Streamline plans, processes and procedures throughout the project life
· Established crisis management teams and protocols for natural disaster
· Create and distribute RFP's and ITB's for contractor bid.
· Assure procurement paths, all materials and installed items are on site in accordance with the project schedule and work sequence. Monitor delivery schedules and amend when items may be out of sequence.
· Provide general administrative and technical support for the project management team for the project duration, maintaining all records to support continued activity and to facilitate a clean close out.
· Establish the new territory by hiring, and training region and city specific construction project managers across Central and South Florida to manage and perform all aspects of re-construction and redevelopment for a $100M residential portfolio.
· Trained and equipped project managers on the company's proprietary platform wherein project specifics, documents and contracts were stored, viewed, amended, updated and shared.
· Conduct weekly conference calls with national and regional teams to update on project progression, schedules, SOW, budget, buyouts and profitability per project
· Maintained a 35-40% profit margin for all new territories, years 2014-2016
Responsibilities and accomplishments as Recruitment and Development Manager.
· Implementation of GC recruitment, vetting, and screening processes to establish a regional network of qualified and approved tradesmen
· Implementation of skill set evaluation by trade for contractors of license and qualified trade
· Approval and onboarding of approved GC's and tradesman for the entire territory.
· Train and evaluate regional vendor networks on proprietary software user platforms
Post Graduation left to take over family renovation business
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: