Dynamic USPTA Tennis Instructor fostering environment that encourages fair play and good sportsmanship. Determined and focused with skills in player development, team building, and tennis game play strategies. Seeking assistant tennis coaching role with the Muscatine High School who appreciates dedication and determination.
• IA DNR Grade 1 Water Operator for 5 USACE Iowa Recreation Areas.
Maintain and prioritize maintenance list to keep all staff informed on O&M needs, improvements, and park maintenance status
• Develop work plans, delegate tasks, purchase materials, and provide direction to field ranger staff
• Track Park Data Book entries to ensure project improvements are recorded for future reference.
• Acquire qualified herbicide contractor and completed paperwork required for 5 recreation areas per the agency regulations.
• Collect & provide facilities data for annual updates and enter Interpretive, Special Events, PSAs.
• Manage USACE sign program
• Work closely with MRP foresters, maintenance foreman, & supervisors to strategize & implement sound natural resource practices to ensure both short and long range recreation and budgetary objectives are considered.
• Recommend & assist foresters & shoreline ranger with tree plantings
• Assist Real Estate Office utilizing my citation authority
• Patrol parks by foot, vehicle, and boat providing necessary safety and support to MRP and our customers
• Updated the Flood Event Action Plan to ensure all MRP staff, new or seasoned, know what to do in the event of a flood
• Provided training and direction to summer ranger staff to present numerous L/D#16 tours to help tell the Corps story
• Contribute articles regularly to the ATR, submit News Releases on park happenings to the media, present programs, and utilize email effectively to communicate with the MRPO and external stakeholders and contractors.
• Coordinate AmeriCorps volunteers for park work, secured safe lodging during severe weather, procured necessary tools & materials for volunteers to complete the job, provided safety plans & JHA review for volunteers.
• Successfully secure, train, & direct work plans for our Long-Term Volunteers
• Request approval and make proper GPC purchases, generate PR&C's in CEFMS, prepare Visa Statements all on time and per SOP, maintain fee collection authority thru mandatory training
• Continually meet 100% accountability for USACE Property items
• Oversee all the field station programs & recreation area facilities & report concerns, make recommendations, budget needs to supervisors. Provide preparation data for planning of O&M projects.
• Lead by example using advance planning, evaluation of priority of work & consistent project policy to support mission and demonstrate the importance of teamwork
• Seek input from supervisor on suggested changes to SOP or amenities, such as volleyball posts/nets in parks at recreation areas, to ensure full consideration for budget, manpower, contracting, ADA standards, safety, & security, have been fully addressed.
• Write work schedules per SOP with staff status and safety considerations in mind
• Secured, trained, and supervised returning temporary Pathways ranger and 2 new temporary Pathways rangers
• Manage and supervise/lead personnel at the field station level and provide assistance to Supervisory NRS
• Volunteered & became an American Heart Association, Basic Life Support (CPR/with AED, Heartsaver 1st Aid) Instructor
• Assess Flood Risk Mgmt needs for person/ property safety, adhere to SOP, monitor river levels, review flood prep plans & update as necessary, inventory cleanup needs & budget requirements to safely open areas, report status.
• Lead timely staff and safety meetings throughout the recreation season and year to include impromptu tailgate safety sessions, to address any concerns and issues that came up during the previous week and to address potential hazards and topics in the future and document them for reference
I have extensive experience in working as a team and getting things done. In addition to my previous college and job experiences already mentioned; I sit on three Boards. Two of them are tennis related.
I'm on the USTA Iowa District Tennis Association Executive Board as well as the Great River Tennis Association Board. Both organizations help grow the sport of tennis and promote sportsmanship as well as competitive play. The third board I sit on is the Tri-Rivers Conservation Foundation, which raises funds to distribute to local conservation organizations.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: