Conscientious and passionate public health program manager with 8+ years of experience serving and advocating for at risk communities. Public health proficiencies include program development and evaluation. Experience ranges from working with Harm Reduction programs administering HIV/HEP C rapid tests, outreach work linking at risk individuals to necessary resources such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance benefits (SNAP) and assisting under/uninsured people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA) access to comprehensive health insurance (i.e. Medicare/Medicaid, ADAP). At Diaspora Community Service worked in numerous programs that aided in improving the health and well-being of at risk communities through programs that addressed food, health insurance, and housing insecurities.
● Oversee Ryan White and Minority AIDS Institute Medical Benefits Assistance program for enrollment into ADAP/APIC, Increasing program enrollment by 40% and ensuring that 200+ uninsured/underinsured individuals have access to comprehensive health insurance and steps are being taken to aid in ending the epidemic
● Provide direct supervision and support to program staff guiding them with the necessary tools to effectively deliver the services that meet and exceed all of the clients health insurance needs
● Ensure that all program goals deliverables are met, through monthly chart reviews and quarterly program evaluation
● Develop yearly work plan that outline the program purpose, goals, and deliverables and communicate it to contract manager and update policy and procedure manual
● Create strategic plans for the implementation, evaluation and improvement of the program
● Review reports for program accuracy; ensure there are no discrepancies and oversee that the data is entered correctly and timely into the appropriate database (AIRS, Access), increased timely data reporting by 62%
● Develop internal and external monthly reports to distribute to the Chief Executive Officer (internal) and funders (external)Review and utilize database systems to monitor and evaluate program performance
● Conduct quarterly presentation to providers, consumer groups, and stakeholders promoting the need for the program in North and Central Brooklyn, NY
● Coordinated communication among associations, allies, stakeholders and members to form memorandum of understanding to effectively reach target population
● Facilitate monthly senior managers and quarterly consumer advisory board (CAB)meetings
● Organize and execute yearly community health fair
● Member of the Diaspora's Development team, main goals are to research and assist with grant writing and submission
● Perform additional duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
● Managed Hunger Solution Nutritional Outreach Education Program (NOEP) contract
● Conducted weekly outreach to educate low income households in Brooklyn, and North Queens on the benefits of Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP)
● Pre-qualified 1,000+ households for services by collecting and verifying applicants' personal, financial and employment histories.
● Monitored program outreach activities, program assessment, and program evaluation,
● Provided workshops and technical assistance to staff/volunteers at agencies and community groups regarding benefits outreach and enrollment, entitlement access
● Generated and submitted comprehensive quarterly reports
● Utilized the contract management system for data collection, approvals and reporting.
● Acted as a direct liaison between SNAP applicants and the NYC Human Resources Administration to resolve barriers to accessing SNAP benefits.
● Conducted field, phone and mail outreach monthly to 150 individuals with two or more chronic medical conditions to enroll them Diaspora's Community Service Health Homes Care Coordination program
● Completed participant enrollments for 25 individuals' monthly
● Tracked the outreach and engagement of all Lead Health Home referrals to ensure continued access to medical care
● Gathered, reviewed and filed medical, mental health and substance use reports from respective providers to ensure participants are receiving accurate medical care based upon their needs.
● Outreach via phone, letter and home visit to clients with inactive Medicaid status to decrease gaps in medical coverage
Achieved an engagement rate of 85% above industry standard monthly.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: