Accomplished Plant & Materials Manager. Successful track record of team building and then massive improvement of key process indicators by using teamwork, problem solving, and a lot of focus!
As a Plant Manager took over a plant that was slated to close because of years of poor performance. Within the first 90 days went from a consistent monthly loss of well over $400K back to profitability.Many years later this plant is not only still open but thriving
A partial list of initiatives implemented included:
1) Established a safety improvement plan that was based on listening to the employees of what they thought was wrong in plant safety. The first list submitted to me had over 120 items that needed to be corrected.Using all possible resources the corrections were completed in less than one week.Once the employees realized I took their concerns seriously they became the improvement drivers.
2) Quality -A) Re-established preventative maintenance for all dies, extrude lines, and molding equipment. B)Reduced Overall inventory by several weeks of finished goods which meant that if there was a quality issue identified there was far less finished goods that needed to be re-inspected and reworked.C) Initiated standard work procedures that all three shifts 24/7 were required to follow.
Responsible for the functions of Master Scheduling, Planning, Purchasing, Production Control, and Warehouse Operations.
Annual sales of $50 million. The plant manufactures coated fabrics.
1) Program launch of high volume food processing in support of McDonalds Corporation for which Saint-Gobain Merrimack was recognized with a Supplier Award.
2) Inventory accuracy in excess of 99% by conducting daily cycle counts and analyzing any system weakness and making the appropriate changes.
3) Achieved year over year goals in cost reduction, inventory reduction and improved delivery performance.
4) Team Building to improve overall group performance.
Responsible for the manufacturing and quality in the production of panel meters, avionic components, inertial sensors, and precision solenoids.
1) Increased overall shipments by over 25% each month by driving a reduction in component shortages.The gains resulted in a streamlined
cash flow and inventory turn increase.In the span three months on time delivery performance went from the low 70's to consistently the high 90's.
2) Established monthly kaizen events in areas as safety, quality, and productivity improvement.
3) Established a 5S program that started with a plant wide kaizen kick-off.
4) Plant was first time certified in ISO.
Manufacturing consulting with a strong emphasis on implementation and daily use of lean techniques, including:
1) Revitalized 5S Programs.
2) Coordinated thru-put increases.
3) Evaluating plant personnel at the manager and supervisory level. Identified high potential direct labor employees.
4) Introduction and monitoring of standard work.
5) Initiated 90 day focused improvement plan.
1989-1994 Materials Manager, then promoted to:
1994-2000 Operations Manager, then promoted to:
2000-2002 Plant Manager Wytheville, then promoted to:
2001-2002Multi- Plant Manager for Wytheville and Churchill (total employees over 800)
Automotive supplier of rubber trim assemblies including inner/outer belts, glass run channels, extrusions, rubber mixing, and decklids.
Please see accomplishment section for results/achievements managing the Wytheville Plant many of which were implemented with once again positive results at the Churchill Plant.
Certified Coach By Coach Training Alliance
Certified In Production and Inventory Management (C.P.I.M)
Lean Training At Nummi In Fremont California
Lean Classes At The Lean Institute in Cambridge Massachusetts
U.S. Air Force - Technical Sergeant - Achieved the rank in five years where the average was 16 years
Received the U.S. Air Force Commendation Medal
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: