Experienced mechanical engineer with 3 years of professional experience and a background in manufacturing supporting the semiconductor, medical device, aerospace, and automotive industries. Qualifications include Engineer in Training certificate, Solidworks CSWA, and Six Sigma Green Belt.
Manufacturing Engineer, NPI02/2014 to CurrentBenchmark Electronics Inc. - Precision Technologies DivisionConcord, CA
• Develop manufacturing processes for complex macro scale machined components composing of multiple operations including EDM, waterjet cutting, multi-axis CNC machining, welding (GTAW, Laser, Electron Beam), brazing, and plating.
•Utilized Solidworks 2016 to model components, build assemblies, and generate geometrically dimensioned and tolerance drawings.
• Manage up to 15 projects at various stages of completion and lead a multidisciplinary team to accomplish deliverables within projected timeline.
• Utilize Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) tools to develop Project Quality Plans (PQP) to successfully launch products from New Product Introduction (NPI) to full scale production.
•Participate in Materials Resource Board (MRB) and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) processes to aid in increase productivity and cost savings across our product lines.
• Practice Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques to eliminate waste, reduce defects, assure quality, reduce lead time, and ensure overall customer satisfaction.
• Provide design-for-manufacturing support to customers in the semiconductor, aerospace, automotive, defense, and medical device industries.
•Preliminary knowledge of ISO9001 (Quality Management), ISO14001 (Environmental Management), ISO13485 (Medical Devices), and AS9100 (Aerospace) industry standards.
Design Engineer09/2012 to 05/2013Forjworks Inc.Pearl City, HI
• Designed automotive aftermarket pneumatic suspension systems using Solidworks 2012 software. Involved with designing a product which was awarded a Global Media Award for Best New Product at SEMA 2012.
• Performed stress analysis of suspension components using Ansys Workbench R12
• Created ASME Y14.5 geometrically dimensioned and tolerance engineering drawings for in-house machine shop and offsite process contractors.
• Validated prototypes by installing onto vehicle and conducting road tests. Made revisions as necessary in the design process.
• Assisted in technical writing of user and installation manuals and provided technical support to the sales staff and customers.
Teaching Assistant08/2012 to 12/2012San Francisco State University - School of EngineeringSan Francisco, CA
• Assistant Laboratory Instructor for undergraduate course ENGR 364 “Materials and Manufacturing Processes.” (20 students per lab)
• Assisted in creating course outline and developed new interactive lab projects.
• Graded homework, projects, and conducted lab practicals.
• Tutored students individually in course and lab material.
Education / Certification
Bachelor of Science: Mechanical Engineering2012San Francisco State UniversitySan Francisco, CAMachine Design focus. Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineer (ASME) and Engineers without Boarders (EWB), Deans List.
Associate of Science: Numerical Control Programming (in progress)2016Laney CollegeOakland, CACNC Programming in Mastercam. Multi-axis CNC Mill and Lathe setup and operation.
California State Certified Engineer in Training2013EIT#149324Sacramento, CA
Solidworks 2016, Ansys Workbench R12, Minitab, Matlab r2012b, Mastercam X8, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office Suite, Agile PLM, Infor LN ERP
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Benchmark Electronics Inc. - Precision Technologies Division
San Francisco State University - School of Engineering
San Francisco State University
Job Titles Held:
Manufacturing Engineer, NPI
Bachelor of Science : Mechanical Engineering 2012 Associate of Science : Numerical Control Programming (in progress) 2016 California State Certified Engineer in Training 2013
Create a job alert for [job role title] at [location].