Strategic and innovative leader with a true passion for helping others reach their highest potential. Dedicated to supporting students and educators to achieve educational equity. Four years of experience working successfully in some of the most challenging educational landscapes in the United States.
- Coach 22 first and second year teachers in Detroit Public Schools to make continuous improvement and raise student achievement.
- Partner with school leaders and community members to align coaching priorities and support teachers with targeted learning opportunities.
- Design professional development for 120+ teachers on topics including classroom management, diversity and inclusiveness, and proven instructional strategies.
- Develop innovative coaching techniques to meet the needs of a diverse group of educators and classrooms.
- Build strong relationships: 100% of my teachers "Agree/Strongly Agree" that "My MTLD effectively pushes and challenges me for the sake of my development and student achievement," and "My MTLD offers the right amount of empathy and encouragement in our work," according to national survey data.
- Selected as one of 50,000+ applicants to join Teach for America and the movement to achieve educational equity.
- Founding teacher at charter turnaround of lowest performing school in Louisiana.
- Made significant academic gains with students every year, and achieved highest reading growth data in the school.
- Designed rigorous curriculum to build students' higher-order thinking skills.
- Collaborated with teaching artists to integrate visual, musical and theater arts into the elementary curriculum.
- Secured thousands in funding for classroom library, field trips, and lab materials for school-wide Science Fair.
- Built strong relationships and invested students and families in future goals and long-term success.
Researched policy, drafted memos, and aided constituents for State Rep. Jon Switalski.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: