Josh is a creative problem solver with 12 years of business technology consulting experience across the US and EMEA. He is driven by curiosity and empathy, and he excels at designing human-centered experiences through the use of data analytics.
Josh is known for his problem solving, analytical skills, and ability to make the complex simple. He loves mining large data sets to uncover deeper meaning and insights. Throughout his career he has delivered many analytical solutions providing actionable insights to solve client problems. His experience, coupled with his creativity and analytical skills, positions him to be a valued addition to any team.
• Advised project teams on leading practices for Project Management, Agile, and data visualization
• Utilized Tableau, Excel, MS Project, MS Project Server to employ techniques such as resource balancing, critical path analysis, and earned value management
• Instructor/Facilitator for 15+ interactive Agile trainings, including Agile Bootcamps and Agile Management Trainings. Over 350 internal and external stakeholders trained, ranging from client board members to Deloitte analysts.
• Advised the Deloitte CIO program on data analysis and visualization techniques for survey data. Credited in the CIO Survey publication for “helping us explore, analyze, and present the data in insightful and compelling ways.”
• Created work plans and other key project management deliverables for 8 engagements, including two programs of 16 and 8 projects.
• Utilized parametric estimation techniques to calculate project effort, FTEs, cost, staffing, and pricing. In total, estimated over $1B of sold Deloitte work
• Regularly trained project teams on project management and data analysis techniques
• Created a bi-weekly Tableau internal knowledge sharing forum, which inspired other knowledge sharing forums
• For a state government project, created an innovative data visualization to identify at-risk project tasks before they became late.
• Quickly gained expertise of a Public Sector client's estimation tool and process. Crafted slides to convey intricate estimation and staffing details in an easily digestible format, which enabled the client to gain federal government approval to issue an RFP.
• Designed and developed project staffing visualizations in Tableau for a successful $20M RFP response, which gave the client confidence to move forward
Business Systems Transformation Program for a $40B Global Manufacturer
Project Management Advisor
• Advised Deloitte and Client program leadership on leading practices for project management and data visualization
• Coordinated ongoing PMO activities across 2 onsite and 2 offshore resources
• Implemented PMO Reporting processes across 8 projects, creating efficiencies in Program Steering Committee reporting
• Created a custom Tableau dashboard to drive weekly Steering Committee meetings, enabling automated reports such as a Program Master Plan
• Successfully transitioned reporting processes and tools to 4 resources who had minimal prior experience
Mid-stream Oil & Gas Client
Project Management Advisor
• Advised the program sponsors and 20+ Client Project Managers on leading practices for work planning and resource management.
• Developed an innovative method for extracting data from MS Project into Excel/Tableau, enabling resource allocation reports across 16 projects.
• Utilized Tableau dashboards and Project Server back-end data to identify resource hiring needs.
• Crafted visualizations which were reported to the PMO Steering Committee, CFO, and COO
• Provided visualizations depicting business involvement across the program, to reinforce the criticality of change readiness activities
• Developed ad-hoc reporting for Project Managers
• Managed a complex integrated program plan of 16 technology projects, across multiple vendors, technologies, and system integrators, which enabled the successful delivery of the first liquid natural gas (LNG) export facility in the US
Deloitte Internal Software Development Project
-Develop and support a parametric estimating tool for large scale technology projects
Functional and Data Analytics Lead
Functional Lead: Managed the conceptual design for 3 PE&PS releases. Led weekly Change Control Board meetings with key stakeholders, managed change requests, designed mock-ups, and gained functionality approval. Led or participated in some aspect of the software development lifeycle for 8 releases, including requirements gathering, scoping, conceptual design, functional specs, testing, end user training.
Analytical Tools: Took the initiative to design a “big data” report and publish an Excel dashboard to perform analysis, utilizing VBA and pivot tables. As a result, actionable insights were created for 17 project teams. Added benefit of the report: software coding efficiencies and performance improvement, through consolidation of ~9 other report queries.
Statistics Reports: Designed and published a monthly deck to communicate usage statistics to leadership. Released 2 monthly decks; then transitioned responsibilities to offshore team members and managed 14 more releases.
Master Data: Maintained Master Data Management tool in MS Access; released 17 data templates to over 600 end users in the production environment. Developed role transition plan and delivered 45 hrs. of training to 3 offshore team members to successfully transfer ownership.
Pursuit and End-User support: Supported 23 project teams to develop project estimates. Managed support mailbox, responding to over 600 tickets.
Pricing Model integration: Developed an Excel interface from the estimation tool to the pricing model tool, working closely with the Pricing Center of Excellence. This resulted in a seamless integration for practitioners to migrate estimation staffing plan data into the pricing model.
Excel Estimation Tools: Led the development of the SAP and Oracle Excel Project Estimator Tools, releasing 17 versions. Wrote 2000+ lines of VBA code, including a linkage to MS Project to produce an MPP file. Gathered subject matter expert inputs and developed communications.
Medical Device Manufacturer – establishment of an Enterprise Data Warehouse
Business Modeler / Analyst
• Engaged the client's strategy planning group to gather requirements; used analytical and technical skills to transform demographics data into an interactive format to influence business decisions.
• Managed the project plan in MS Project and drove bi-weekly status meetings. Resource-leveled the project plan to effectively utilize all client and Deloitte team members, increasing efficiency.
• Developed and applied knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehousing involving Oracle 9i databases, Kalido, Cognos, MS Access, and MS Excel applications, and SQL and VBA languages.
• Developed and executed unit test cases in Mercury Quality Center (now HPQC).
• Learned the benefits of business modeling and how to develop and modify a business model, both conceptually and using MS Visio.
• Created documentation for the central business process of Complaint Handling, outlining business objectives, processes, and functional specifications.
Consumer Industrial Products – Mid-size manufacturer of mobile food service solutions
Revamp product line through market research and product/process redesign
Project Team Lead
Managed a team of graduate students to:
• Obtain and organize Voice of the Customer feedback, during the Market Research phase
• Incorporate the VOC into a House of Quality, taking into consideration engineering characteristics, customer attributes, and main competitors.
• During the Product/Process Redesign Phase, develop recommendations for a magnetic accessory line and improvements in New Product and Process Development.
Consumer Industrial Products – WCI Steel, Inc. – Hot Strip Mill Automation Department
• Revised and implemented Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) ladder logic for a steel-slab holding box heating cycle, improving efficiency and functionality.
• Consulted the holding box operator on problem diagnosis and corrective strategies.
• Collaborated with Electricians, Engineers, and Combustion Department personnel.
• Updated Visual Basic programming for a Man Machine Interface (MMI) screen.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: