Motivated Linux System Administrator with proven knowledge in various open-source operating systems. Committed to improving network uptime and system availability.
• Responsible for complete application and system support.
Provided around the clock support on Windows, Linux RHEL, and Ubuntu servers
• Responsible for applying patches to dev and prod systems on monthly basis
• Administered operating systems, networks and computer hardware in a versatile environment
• Worked in a Linux team with over 1000+ RHEL servers and performed day to day admin tasks.
• Configured password-less setup and agent-forwarding done for SSH login using ssh-keygen tool.
• Created and maintained network users, user environment, directories, and servers security using SELinux and Iptables
• Provided the support of building the servers, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, resolving issues, software installation and performance tuning.
• Configured and troubleshooted TCP/IP network services
• Worked with KVM Hypervisor to install, configure and maintain Red Hat Linux
• Deployed latest patches for Linux RPMs and appliance servers and performed Red Hat Linux kernel tuning
• Worked closely with vendors to open support cases to resolve complex issues.
• Performed server's consolidation and virtualization on VMware virtual infrastructure, VMware ESXi 6.x and v- motion center.
• Installed and configured DHCP, DNS, Apache, IIS, mail SMTP, IMAP, POP3, and file servers on AIX and Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers.
• Created Shell Scripts and scheduled via crontab and executed scripts for various tasks.
• Configured init levels and managed services through start / stop scripts.
• Troubleshooted system sluggishness due to CPU, memory bottle necks, I/O activities, network issues and worked to resolve performance issues.
• Performed operating system and firmware upgrades using vendor documentation
• Performed regular user management, process management and disk management on daily basis.
• Automated tasks using ansible scripts and modules across platform environments and operating systems .
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: