I am an experienced and knowledgeable Information Technology professional seeking to contribute my training and acquired skills within an IT Support Specialist role. I work well independently as well as in group settings where I am skilled at contributing to the team. I am adept at providing all facets of computer support such as troubleshooting, installations, and maintenance and more.
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
cloud AWS (EC2,S3, Cloudwatch,RDS,ElastiCache,IAM)
Responsible installation, maintenance and regular upgrades of Red Hat Linux Servers using kickstart based network installation
• Responsible for providing 24x7 System Administration support for Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers.
• Responsible for performing and deploying patches for Linux and Application servers.
• Used to perform Red Hat Linux Kernel Tuning.
• Responsible for handling Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
• Disk and File system management through Solstice Disk Suite on Solaris.
• Responsible for ensuring high system performance, tune-up kernel parameter, adding /removing /administering hosts, users, disks on DNS / NIS domain.
• Responsible for installation and maintenance of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
• Handled installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/ 8.x.
• Responsible for installation and upgradation of patches and packages on RHEL 5/6 using RPM & YUM.
• Used to implement NFS, DNS and NIS under SUN.
• Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVMs on SAN using Linux utilities.
• Involved in ensuring proper overall system performance, performed user management, system updates and disk & storage management.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, Sun Fire, Sun StorEdge, DNS, NFS, NIS, RAID, JBODS Compaq servers, Solstice disk suite, Solaris, Logical volume manager (LVM), Oracle 7.X/ 8.X, RHEL 5/6.
Administer all Red Hat 5, 6, & 7 servers in both VMware and physical server.
• Configure systems, monthly install of patches, and perform checks for SOX reporting.
• Maintain DNS bind servers, nagios monitoring server, sftp server, mail server and other application servers.
• Create shell scripts for automating processes, deploying software packages, OS install and setup, and recently automating monthly patching.
• Integrated Red Hat 7 servers into Active Directory. Installed and update multiple types of server certificates.
• Setup two factor authentication system with linux servers and rebuilt Nagios monitoring system.
• In process of implementing a Red Hat Satellite server system and bringing in more automation with Ansible.
• Developed OS install procedures for application servers to mostly automate deployment.
• Worked with vendors for advanced configuration of their application and clustering systems on our Linux systems.
Managing UNIX involving maintenance of the servers and troubleshooting problems in the environment.
• Installing operating systems Linux according to business requirements.
• Planning and implementing the configuration changes to the servers adhering with change management process.
• Implemented Kickstart/PXE Boot Servers that Rsync between multiple locations.
• Configured and maintained computing infrastructure
• Experience in creation and maintenance of ZFS file systems.
• Created and optimized Unix shell scripts using Bourne and Bash shells
• Installed and Configured Jumpstart and Kickstart Server.
• Updated Unix OS patches and ensured compliance with STIG requirements.
• Experience with Java Enterprise Application Servers such as IBM Web Sphere, and Tomcat.
• Created a process for system updates to minimize risk of application failures.
• Automate administration tasks through use of scripting
• Develop scripts to automate network administration tasks and application deployments.
• Creating and maintenance of Virtual machines in VMware ESX.
• Configured, Installed LDAP Solaris and Linux server.
• Connecting to ESX server by using VIC, putty and Web access.
• Manages Site minder administrator accounts and users when using the Site minder LDAP repository.
• Commended for technical, analytical and problem-solving skills; effective task prioritization, and customer service orientation.
• Author and modify scripts for application deployment as well as system monitoring.
• Established end-to-end software development process using shell on top of BO, including automated builds of Rhapsody models.
• Providing 24/7 on-call support on rotation basis.
• Developed Bash shell-scripts to automate routine activities.
Environment: Windows Server 2003, Solaris 10, Veritas Volume Manager, Shell Scripting, Perl, Samba, Apache Server, Sendmail.
Timely and effectively resolved IT issues regarding Active Directory, Exchange and Citrix.
● Utilized multiple ticketing systems, including Service Desk Manager and Remedy to successfully manage
IT issue queue.
Maintain and support PCs, laptops, mobile devices and peripherals for end user.
• Administered and supported MS Office Suite and Outlook.
• Troubleshot network and connectivity issues.
• Client Administration in a Windows Environment.
• Installed, configured and supported wide array of software and applications. (Adobe Creative
Suite, Internal Company Applications, Etc.)
• Managed user accounts and machines via Active Directory and Group Policy.
CompTIA A+ certified.
Splunk 7.x Fundamentals
Commerical and Industrial security corporation (Cisco)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: