Learning Specialist, working one-on-one in person, online and/or by phone with children, teens and young adults to assist with their learning skills and academic needs. Developing professional, trusting and respectful relationships with students in working with them towards their goals and unveiling their true potential. Strength-based approach, positive, motivating and inspiring.
• Academic and Educational Advising (educational plans, recommendations, medical and academic referrals, etc) to help inform, guide, and encourage students
• Positive, strength-based approach is crucial in order for students to realize potential and be motivated to utilize strengths to assist with challenges
• Provide individualized one-on-one interventions and counseling with students based on individual needs to develop learning skills (in private learning center, at school, online and/or via telephone)
• Classroom observations to identify possible challenges, as well as strengths
• Coordinate with and assist Educators in understanding a student's particular needs/strengths/challenges to foster their teaching efforts
• Encourage and support use of Assistive/New Technologies to provide access of material or assist with skills (typing, reading or otherwise)
• Educator In-Service Presenter to assist educators in understanding and meeting unique needs of students
• Specializing in "Twice Exceptional" students (intellectually gifted or above avg with learning differences—ie: dyslexia; AD/HD, and like)
• Experienced Writer / Editor
• Superior communications (both verbal and written)
• Quality client satisfaction and customer service
Off-site/Contractor teleconferenced authors in various locations World-wide to assist in content development and editing of books in various areas of technology and engineering.
Worked in Coordination with Publishing Director to assist and manage other editors in developing content for publications in various areas of technology.
Independent contractor assisting authors with book proposals, editing and consultation. Also, assisted high school and college students with reading comprehension and writing skills.
• Developed and managed book publishing program that provided supportive documentation to technical professionals and engineers, worldwide, based on various technical standards.
• Acquired new book contracts
• Managed all phases of product development from contract, to peer review, to marketing and through to publication.
• Traveled, worldwide working in both team environment, as well as one-on-one with engineers
• Required use of exceptional communication and interpersonal skills for both customers, as well as writers, reviewers and engineers world-wide.
• Based in New York City, and New Jersey
Assisted with editing of technical documentation and training of support personnel.
U.S. Government Clearance: Secret
Provided editorial assistance and support to the Editor of books in and related to the field of Engineering.
Provided editorial and administrative support to the VP, including bi-lingual communications (English-German), when necessary.
• MS Office
• Online/internet-based communications/delivery systems
• Proficient in administrative and organizational skills
• Follow up and communications skills
• Effectiveness both in person and by phone (and writtien communications)
• Childhood Development: How the Brain Learns (New Directions Institute, Phoenix, AZ) May, 2004.
• Lindamood-Bell LiPs Program (Language Phonemic Sequencing Program), Sand Diego, CA. April 2005 (2.1 CEUs). Specific training for theory and techniques for developing phonemic awareness and its application to reading and spelling.
• FastForWord Reading Program (assists with phonemic awareness)—Online Training Course.. 2005.
• "Ready Bodies, Learning Minds" (Professional Education Programs, Inc.) 21 Jan 2005. (instructed/Presented by OT and PT). (General Ed. CEUs received). (Occupational therapy approaches and understanding of issues related to vestibular system; sensory-motor integration; and relationship to learning; processing skills, including reading, attention, concentration; fin-motor/motor planning; executive order skills and ocular motor functions.)
• Lindamood-Bell Seeing Stars Program. Scottsdale, AZ May, 2006 (2.1 CEUs Specific training for theory and techniques for developing symbol imagery skills utilized for spelling, reading and math.
• Lindamood-Bell Visualizing and Verbalizing (V/V). Scottsdale, AZ. May 2006. (2.1 CEUs). Specific training for developing concept imagery skills utilized for comprehension, memory and critical thinking skills.
Dyslexia Conference (2005); Arizona Gifted Conference (2006, 2007, 2008); ArizOTA (AZ Occupational Therapy Association)—Co-Presented: Executive Skills Dys-Funcion.
• Gifted/Twice Exceptional local-based support group
• Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
• Decoding Dyslexia-AZ (DDAZ), grassroots organization creating awareness and informing the community about dyslexia; working with legislators regarding need for educational support, as well as teacher training.
• Highly analytical—ability to assess highly complex issues, break it down and reconstruct with recommendations for resolution
• Creative thinker
• Leadership abilities
• Prudent decision maker with positive attitude
• Reliable and committed—trustworthy; dependable
• Flexibile/open-minded and "fresh approach" to problem solving
• Diplomatic and professional demeanor
• Superior interpersonal skills
References provided upon request.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.