I was in charge of making the office efficient and productive. I ordered our supplies to make bar code labels for government contractors. Kept production and outgoing orders on time. I also did all the accounting and bookkeeping there including payroll taxes, sales tax reports, and end of the year taxes.
POSITION SUMMARYThe Eyewear Consultant analyzes prescriptions to make recommendations that provide the highest quality vision care to our patients. Additionally, the Eyewear Consultant fits, measures and adjusts eyeglasses under the direct supervision of an optician or optometrist to exceed the patients needs and expectations. Additionally, problem solves any difficulty a patient may experience regarding vision care.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide patients with exceptional customer service by understanding and assisting the patient's needs.
• Guide and assist patients in the eyewear and frame/lens selection process, by using extensive knowledge of product lines and options to educate patient.
• Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, converse with patients to analyze and assess patient's vision problems and needs
.• Maximize sales by using the company's best, better, good sales concept, maximizing key areas; BOGOs, product of choice AR, poly, warranties, 2nd and backup eyeglasses etc.
• Provide patients with comprehensive explanation of their insurance benefits.
• Understand the company's cost of goods and retail fee schedules. Be able to utilize knowledge of cost of goods to eliminate situations where cost-conscious patients might consider taking their Rx to a discount retailer (“walking Rx”).
• Educate patient on the adaptation of new Rx's and care of lenses.
• Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, use pupillometer, PD ruler and other technical aids for proper fit and measurements.
• Complete lens & frame information, enter full information into POS software and ensure manager signs off
.• Promise accurate delivery & turnaround times meeting the patients' needs. Immediately notify patient of any delays of delivery times.
• Understand all promotions, coupons and third party programs available through My Eye Dr.
• Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, use lensometer to neutralize, verify and make a final inspection of eyewear
.• Notify and re-notify patients when eyeglasses are complete for dispensing.• Under the direct supervision of an optometrist or an optician, fit and adjust completed eyewear for each patient.
• Ensure product pricing is accurate.
• Monitor jobs waiting to be picked up. Inform management of any job held over 30 days.
• Clean and merchandise displays on a daily basis, displaying effective merchandise at all times.
• Accurately process patient payment transactions.
• Help maintain the attractive appearance of the office.
Week long training in Dallas, TX each July since 1995 for Fashion, Sales, and Customer Service.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2020, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.