Patient-focused documentation specialist skilled at medical billing, coding and office management. Reliable multi-tasker with internal medicine and dermatology experience.
Health Information Management Certificate
1. Maintains strict confidentiality
2. Knowledge of HMOs, Medicare and Medi-Cal
3. Extensive anatomy/physiology knowledge
4. Medical Manager Software
5. Managed care contract knowledge
6. Electronic Medical Record (EMR) software
7. Qualified pain management coder
8. CPT and HCPCS coding
9.Quality assessment of coded data
10. HIPAA compliance
11. Medical billing software
12. Strong planning skills
13. Strong planning skills
14. Strong work ethic
15. Team player with positive attitude
17. Good written communication
18. Exercises good judgment
Health Information Management
Health Information Technician coursework (RHIT)
Marketing, Accounting, Management
Read and write English language
Fluent in British English
1. Knowledge of medical records administration principles, techniques, and practices to establish and monitor a quality assurance program and evaluate the records section.
2. Comprehensive knowledge of regulatory references, legal requirements, The Joint Commission (TJC) standards, Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) standards, accepted coding protocols, principles and procedures of medical records administration and reimbursement plans; requirements of the Privacy Act, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) that govern release of medical information, and automated (electronic) medical record systems.
3. Skill in collecting and organizing data for reports and analyzing data for future planning.
4. Skill in identifying and resolving medical records administration issues.
5. Ability to provide advice to administrative, medical, and other staff members on all aspects of medical records activities.
6. Ability to explain the value and provide advice on the use of medical records for medical care, legal, administrative, teaching, and research purposes.
7. Knowledge of Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) coding and billing regulatory guidelines and policies.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: