Proficient Lead Police Records Specialist with nine-year track record of success in records management. Focused on delivering exceptional results through strong time management, communication and team work abilities. Where I can also apply my outstanding interpersonal, problem solving and training skills. Expertise in Tritech and knowledgeable in Evidence.com.
· Took over position after only six days of training.
- Successfully work independently with little direction.
- Process all written and electronic requests for digital evidence for citizens, other agencies, Municipal Court and City Attorney's office and uploading into the e-portal for the District Attorney's office for discovery.
- View, redact and clip digital media with computer software and web applications in accordance with Commerce City policies and procedures and Colorado Criminal Justice Records Act (CCJRA).
- Successfully complete tasks remote.
· Collaborate with others and problem-solve issues.
- Provide technical support to other department members, citizens and other requestors to view digital media and images.
- Problem-solve issues with software and web applications.
- Communicate between City Attorney's and District Attorney's offices and provide any support with digital evidence.
- Run reports in computer software and Microsoft Excel to compile monthly data for the Records Manager.
- Assist with other Records tasks and continued individual Records assigned projects.
- Verify and upload all booking photos of in custody parties.
- Research and trouble shoot when information is missing for digital media and images and retitle and recategorize if needed.
· Trained staff and helped problem-solve.
- Trained more than fifteen Police Services Technicians and Police Records Specialists
- Assisted with transition from previous Records Management System (I/Leads) to new Records Management System (Tritech).
- Assisted with training all department members in Tritech.
- Assisted with reviewing applications and interviewing Records staff.
- Provide technical support to other department members with the Records Management System and other computer software.
· Submit NIBRS monthly to Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Verify, classify and code officer and police services technicians reports according to National Incident Based Reporting System (NIBRS).
- Several months error free NIBRS submissions to CBI
- Validate all entries in CCIC/NCIC on a monthly basis, sometimes close to 100.
- Transfer case reports from previous Records Management System to current Records Management System; fix errors.
· Assisted Records Supervisor and Records Manager
- Assisted overseeing day-to-day operations in the Records Unit.
- Adapted to working during the pandemic remotely and following COVID-19 protocol within the department.
- On-call while Records Supervisor is out of the office.
- Update the Records Procedure Manual.
· Performed a variety of technical and administrative police support services to all staff, citizens, and media.
- Answered and made large volume of phone calls, determine urgency and determine when/where appropriate to transfer.
- Processed large volume of records requests received from citizens, probation and parole officers and DA's office etc.
- Processed payments received as required for records, red light tickets, background checks and bonds and issue receipts.
- Processed any bond paperwork for parties arrested for warrant(s).
- Take counter reports from citizens; read for accuracy and completeness and enter Records Management System.
- Use portable police radio to communicate with police officers, sergeants, other staff, and relay critical information.
- Process paperwork received from other divisions, departments, and agencies and verify completeness.
- Approve or reject all reports submitted in Records Management System.
- Verify, classify, and code officer and police services technician reports according to NIBRS crime reporting system.
- Conduct employment record/background checks for applicants, records, officers, and other departments.
· Operated all department computer systems and computer software.
- Including Colorado Crime Information Center (CCIC), National Crime Information Center (NCIC), Records Management System, New World financial software, and other law enforcement software.
- Query, enter and clear/cancel data and information in CCIC/NCIC and various law enforcement databases.
- Use Code Red to call out IMT and SWAT members for emergency situations such as barricaded subjects.
- Monitor security system on monitors for the jail cells, secured parking lot and throughout the Civic Center Building.
· Successfully worked solo in 10-12 hours shifts completing all of the above tasks.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: