Devoted and detail-oriented Human Resources Generalist excelling at planning, multitasking, completing tasks to accomplish program initiatives and managing wide range of employee relation issues.
Responsible for the Dane, WI & Newport, MN Facilities.
• Recruitment: Screen, interview, & assist supervision with the selection of factory personnel. Conduct previous employment references on applicants. Work with external recruiters and employment agencies to identify and recruit candidates. Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates. Coordinate communication with applicants. Develop recruitment programs to fill job openings. E-verify new hires.
• Employee Relations: Act as the first point of contact for team managers in human resource policy, process, procedure and best practice. Guide and coach all employee groups with respect to compliance. Facilitate conflict resolutions between employees, and efficiently manage the process, as well as, provide consistent policy interpretation to management and employee groups. Consult with supervision to council and discipline factory personnel in accordance with company policy and practices. Improve Employee engagement and reduce people related risks. Advise supervision and associates on interpretation of company policies, practices, and procedures.
• Training & Development: Act as business partner to the facility managers to coach on all things people related. Conduct needs analysis studies and confer with managers and supervisors to determine organizational and training needs. Assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures. Perform new employee orientations. Work with management to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications and skills. Design people solutions working in concert with managers. Consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures related to development, training, progression and team dynamics.
• Compensation & Benefits: Understand FMLA, Short and Long Term Disability, and Workers Comp. Perform new employees Benefits Orientation.
•Recruiting: Conduct full life-cycle recruiting including sourcing, screening, and selecting qualified manufacturing candidates to fill 10+ positions on a weekly basis. Conduct in-person and phone interviews with candidates, administer appropriate interview process and hiring assessments.
Call candidates and coordinate interviews with hiring managers. Follow-up on the interview process status and make job offers with the HR Manager and VP of Finance. Perform reference and background checks and drug screen paperwork. Maintain recruiting database and complete timely reports on employment activity. Conduct new employee orientation.
•Support: Work with staffing agencies to obtain temporary employees, and maintain relationship. Manage new hire paperwork. Train employees on company policies and Quality Management System, develop training tools. Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs, advertise and post job openings across various Job Boards. Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, and industry associations and participate in career fairs and drive community outreach programs. Collect appropriate data and upload it into HR system, iSolved Hire for EEO compliance.
•Benefits: Communicate employer information and benefits during screening process and at new employee orientation.
• Recruiting: Worked with HR Specialists to conduct recruitment and selection activities for position vacancies and reclassification of jobs. Helped conduct new hire orientation by assisting in various tasks which included the creation of ID badges for new hires, fingerprinting and collected appropriate documentation for successful completion of I9's. Created job announcements, screened and communicated with applicants to ensure a positive experience. Coordinated employee attendance at training programs and assisted in preparing training materials for these programs.
• Support: Learned and assisted in employee disciplinary procedures by writing interview questions for meetings with employees. Observed and took notes during these meetings. Created presentations and informational materials to be used in a variety of programs. Maintained various HR records, researched, collected and organized data for performance metrics, policy development or other purposes related to human resources. Scanned and uploaded documents to the HR system PeopleSoft. Coordinated statewide mandate of badge updates. Wrote policies, such as exercise policy for special agents, light duty, chaplaincy program and EEO utilization.
• Benefits: Helped coordinate the employee benefit and wellness fair by calling employees, attending meetings and plan a date and time.
Activities & Societies: National Honors Society of Leadership and Success, Society of Human Resource Management, Mentor for Incoming Business Administration Students, Participated in UW-Platteville's School of Business Internship Panel
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: