Community Outreach Liaison experienced in program coordination and management. Advanced training in Home Health and other post acute care programs Centra Health offers (PACE, Hospice, etc.).Home Health Liaison who completes thorough and detailed reports and evaluations of referrals and admissions to the agency. RN working directly with discharge planning staff and MD offices to assure that patients have the appropriate services. . Personable and friendly with excellent time management skills. Previously I was a Case Manager for Home Health and worked directly with caregivers and patients with developmental and behavioral disorders, as well as the geriatric population.
* Community health
* Certification in OASIS documentation (COS-C), as a case manager
* Organized and led many in-service's involving post acute care services
* Assisted and supervised the work of staff members in post acute setting (skilled nursing facilities and assisted living facilities
* Recently involved in development and organization of disease management programs for the agency, such as Congestive Heart Failure and COPD, as well as a referral tool for MD office and SNF
* Involved in coordination of The Beard Center on Aging annual conference 2 years in a row
* Guest speaker on "Living In The Heart of VA" (local news series), as well as radio
Job Title & Duties
RN Home Health Liaison is responsible for the clinical coordination of Home Health set up, from the skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities and community based organizations and/or facilities (MD offices, clinics, etc.). I work directly with the Social Work staff, patients and family's at the Centra and non Centra skilled nursing facilities to help facilitate new referrals. I am responsible for the marketing and community education of our Home Health agency in multiple counties. I run monthly reports to show referral and admissions to the agency. I serve as a patient and family advocate providing appropriate discharge planning, participating in 3 weekly discharge planning meetings. I also serve on several committees, including SNF, CHF, leadership and marketing. I also work with the home health clinical staff and help facilitate patient needs, dealing with unusual customer service issues.
The Home Health Case Manager/Clinician III RN is responsible for the comprehensive management of a caseload of patients. The Home Health Case Manager establishes a visit schedule, coordinates with the other disciplines involved, and oversees the progression of the patient from admission through discharge, assuming supervision of the other nurses who may visit the patient.
Health Care Certificate
currently enrolled, one semester completed, anticipate that I will change my degree to Community Health
Job Titles Held: