Energetic and critical thinking general dentist with six years of clinical experience, providing high quality dental care with empathy toward patients, excellent communication skills developed in several team settings, committed to lifelong learning.
1. Thomadaki K, Helmerhorst EJ, Tian N, Sun X, Siqueira WL, Walt DR, Oppenheim FG. Whole-saliva proteolysis and its impact on salivary diagnostics. J Dent Res. 2011 Nov; 90(11):1325-30.
2. Sun X, Salih E, Oppenheim FG, Helmerhorst EJ. Kinetics of histatin proteolysis in whole saliva and the effect on bioactive domains with metal-binding, antifungal, and wound-healing properties. FASEB J., 2009, Apr 8.
3. Sun X, Salih E., Oppenheim FG., Helmerhorst EJ. Activity-based mass spectrometric characterization of proteases and inhibitors in human saliva. Proteomics Clin. Appl. 2009, 3, 810–820.
4. Campese M, Sun X, Bosch JA, Helmerhorst EJ. Concentration and fate of histatins and acidic proline-rich proteins in the oral environment. Arch Oral Biol. 2009 Jan 19.
5. Helmerhorst EJ, Sun X, Salih E, Oppenheim FG. Identification of Lys-Pro-Gln as a novel cleavage site specificity of saliva-associated proteases. J Biol Chem. 2008. 283:19957-66.
6. Sun X, Hikida R, and Tanda S. Mutation of the CG4749 gene leads to autophagic programmed cell death in Drosophila larva hindgut. 46th Annual Drosophila Reseach Conference, 2005.
Postdoctoral Fellow Oral Presentation Winner, Boston University Goldman School of Dental Medicine Science Day: 2009
Finalist, Hatton Award competition (2008 AADR, Dallas, Texas)
Winner, Colgate Research in Prevention award (2007 IADR, New Orleans, Louisiana)
Research Assistant Scholarship, Boston University: 2005 to 2008
Teaching Assistant Scholarship and Research Assistant Scholarship, Ohio University: 2002 to 2005
Outstanding Student Awards, Norman Bethune University of Medical Sciences: 1997
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: