Business-conscious General Manager bringing over 20 years of experience in Various Industries. An enthusiastic professional offering leadership for employee relations through effective communications, training and development. Measures performance to company goals and standards and establishes targets for improvements in safety, quality, cost and delivery.
My focus is on the people and maintaining the health of the business over all. I have many years of experience with Lean Manufacturing. Over the past two years I have also played a big roll in representing my previous employer in the AME (Association of Manufacturing Excellence) as well as the Global Lean Leadership Community.
Basic overview of Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Management of resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods and materials
Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Quality Improvement principles
System improvement methods
Capacity planning and product flow
Industrial equipment with a strong mechanical aptitude
Strong attention to detail
Excellent interpersonal skills
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Effective time management and organizational skills
Work independently as well as in a team environment
Lead and direct others to generate expected results
Analytical and problem solving skills
Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, internet
Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries.
• Provides disciplined leadership including setting clear expectations and holding the team and self accountable for results.
• Inspects departments and consults with associates daily to identify opportunities and develop and prioritize action plans with timely follow up.
• Executes customer focused strategies, policies and programs as measured by Customer Satisfaction Survey data and verbatim comments.
• Selects, develops and manages performance of individuals and team.
• Attracts, hires and on-boards store staff as measured by appropriate performance scorecard, retention and new hire survey results.
• Executes the client's plan consistently across departments and provide ongoing fact based feedback to Store Manager and appropriate business including competitive intelligence.
• Ensures consistent delivery of acceptable compliance scores as measured by the Standards Based Store Visit & Client Commitment tools, including effective store wide completion of:
•Merchandise, receipt, flow to floor and stockroom processes.
•Total controllable cost vs. plan/trend
•Warehouse and stockroom management
•Multi-Channel processes and associate participation
•Point of Sale, credit applications and opportunities
•Brand standards and facilities maintenance
•Safety, inventory and shrink controls
•Staffing, employment compliance, retention
•Training completion and associate role playing
•Employee communication and recognition
• Focuses and invest time on customer facing activities and operational processes.
• Ensures the department is “Location Certified” and every associate is “Role Certified” to do his/her job.
• Monitors and proactively addresses outliers in customer satisfaction, sales, profit margin, operational processes, and compliance against plan or established standards.
• Embeds the Company return policy and Pledge of Fairness.
• Creates and maintains a culture of winning that resonates with associates.
We did this course work on a two week cycle with one week the learners spending with the instructor from chapman and then my team and I did a follow up on the course work during the second week. The idea was to take what we had learned and begin to develop our own internal training from that.
Spent a full week touring and learning from various company within Toyota's supply Chain as well as Lexus. Part of the experience was also centered on taking in the culture in Japan and how Lean has influenced them.
This course was based off the book Leadership & Self Deception by the Abridger Institute. I believe the course was 6 weeks long and filled with some fantastic learning that has really helped me over the years as a leader.
This is a professional development course focused on team building and managing perception. My Coach was Andy Taylor.
Steve is a professional business coach that focuses on the KATA portion of the Toyota Production System. Kata is a powerful structural tool as well as a learning system that promotes continues improvement in a systematic way.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: