Qualified and strategic leader holding a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a broad background in managing and maintaining fleets in multiple locations. Adept at identifying safety risks and implementing proper security procedures, monitoring driver operations, ensuring all licenses are up to date, and optimizing all costs from maintenance to fuel. Strengths include leadership and collaboration, resourcefulness, problem solving and commitment to achievement of company goals Enthusiastic manager eager to contribute to team success through hard work, attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Clear understanding of safety and management and training in transportation and logistics. Motivated to learn, grow and excel in the transportation and logistics. Experienced manager with over ten years of experience in the fleet, transportation and logistics. Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction, and driving overall operational improvements. Consistently saved costs while increasing profits.
Oversaw eight buildings and nine mechanics throughout New Mexico and West Texas.
• Managed and maintained the Fleet budget for all locations which included the Repair & Maintenance Budget.
• Forecast: controllable such as payroll, tires, mechanics, overtime, travel and expenses, etc; reported by year, quarter, and period.
• Developed open lines of communications with vendors, staff, and upper management resulting in a more positive and productive workplace, and a greater retention among employees.
• Managed the eight locations and the nine mechanics to ensure ongoing operational efficiency.
• Interviewed, trained and evaluated new mechanics and attended managerial seminars.
• Traveled to ensure that all locations were running efficiently and that the mechanics were not only doing their jobs but satisfied with their jobs.
• Ensured all eight locations were up to regulations (DOT,OSHA), have safe work environments and that all mechanics had access and correct training on Personal Protective Equipment. (No accidents in 5 years).
• Collaborated with other departments about fleet issues.
• Appraised driver performance and took disciplinary measures when required.
• Received approval for Capital Money to replace all outdated lift gates.
• Acted as liaison between business owners and vendors, and maintained confidential employee files.
Oversaw and supervised seven locations as well as six mechanics.
• Successfully saved the company from going over budget every period, to maintaining the correct budget and then having a surplus or hitting the budget at the end of each period
• Maintained R&M Budgets.
• Managed and upheld mechanics for quality work in efficient time.
• Ensured that all PMs on all assets were done within or before the deadline.
Controlled R&M Budget and maintained accounts for inventories and vendors of supplies and managed two mechanics.
• Maintained Fleet Assets from PMs to major repairs.
• Oversaw Yuma and Las Cruses, NM assets traveling from Tucson to locations.
• Traveled to several in state and out of state Pepsi locations to help each location catch up on any issues they were having with late PM's to major issues with assets.
• Prioritized repair sequence to ensure work was scheduled appropriately.
• Managed and resolved road call breakdowns.
• Repaired Mechanical and electrical problems and drove trucks as needed.
Repaired all forklifts and pallet jacks
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: