As a Senior Enlisted Marine with 16 years' experience performing as an Security Operations Manager in a Contractor capacity, I have strong communication skills, Good motivational skills, Strong negotiation skills, Exceptional organizational skills, and Awareness of internal and external customer needs.
My passion is performing as an Security Operations Manager and I have a history of favorable outcomes in my ability to influence the success of all other types of leaders in the organization and can see how the individual elements of the organization fit together and work to create the larger outcome.
Provide stability to the organization - Devise systems to make things run smoothly - Serve as a hub through which activity is coordinated - In tune with the organization and generally the first one aware of problems - Create new solutions to old problems - Show strengths as a leader in support of others.
• Coordinate the maintenance and repairs of seven strategically located fire stations, facilities systems and equipment to ensure proper expectations are set around what can be delivered, by whom, by when, and for how much in order to provide a safe, efficient and comfortable workplace.
• Coordinate the day-to-day operational and functionality, maintenance and repairs of fire fighting vehicles and apparatus, to keep fleet of 60 vehicles and associated equipment running safely and efficiently.
• Ensure that the Fire Department personnel have the materials and services they need to function on a day-to-day basis by locating, negotiating, and making purchases in accordance with City purchasing policies. ongoing maintenance schedules to boost system performance.
• Shrink knowledge gaps with ongoing training and close employee mentoring for new and less experienced team members.
• Procure information from various vendors to ensure cost-effective purchasing.
• Implement scheduled maintenance, retooling production status sheets and driving weekly tasks to achieve scheduling effectiveness.
• Create and implement maintenance programs to optimize operational efficiency and reduce downtime.
• Supervise daily operations, including employee performance, preventive maintenance and safety.
• Conduct weekly/monthly inspections of facility grounds, external structure, systems, and equipment.
• Track and document operational and financial records to perform monthly analysis of performance and costs.
• Oversee all aspects of equipment installation, maintenance, and repair for both internal and external services.
• Evaluate facility operations and personnel to ensure compliance with safety and health regulations.
• Projected security oversight, leadership, training to U.S. Agency for International Development Contract for Baghdad International Airport to 105 contract employees, 60 subcontracted Iraqi local nationals, a Fijian Security Guard Force of 25.
• Developed, implemented, maintained security plans, policies, procedures. Prepared weekly, monthly, annual security assessment. Developed, coordinated input and completion of daily hazard vulnerability analysis.
• Established, maintained an active liaison with security representatives of local, state, US Military enforcement organizations, other applicable emergency management authorities.
• Ensured contract security employees adhered to security procedures through constant evaluation, frequent patrol of airport property.
• Conducted internal investigations discretely, coordinated results of internal investigations, coordinated criminal prosecutions with appropriate US Military law enforcement agencies.
• Developed, presented security presentations, on-hands training to departments, senior management, employees.
• Trained 25 new security officers in 3-month period.
• Served as liaison with US Military, Local National Officials, and Corporate Executives and other departments to maintain big picture understanding of security needs covering all corporate assets.
• Assessed ongoing risk factors and suggested improvements to senior management.
• Worked in fast-paced and high-risk environments while maintaining exceptional standards of excellence for security programs, strategies and plans.
• Coordinated operations of team comprised of 12 mid-level managers and 120 staff members committed to delivery of top-quality products and services.
• Directed efforts to mitigate threats to personnel and infrastructure, reduce risks and optimize access to critical information.
• Moved around different security stations and vital areas to check on officers and adjust workflow to cover changing needs.
• Recorded incident reports with detailed accounts of occurrences.
• Kept team compliant with security protocols and appearance standards.
• Thoroughly familiar with the enlistment process from applicant prospecting to preparation for recruit training.
• Worked in an environment external to the normal Marine Corps post, station, and FMF environments. Preliminary screening and administrative processing, scheduling physical examinations, completion of enlistment documents, and maintaining accurate records. In addition, provided the community with Marine Corps publicity material and assisted in civic events.
• Implemented process improvements to automate office operations, including record tracking and retention.
• Reviewed recruit applications to identify, vet and recommend optimal candidates.
• Collaborated with senior management to build and implement effective, modern employment policies.
• Improved organizational filing systems for confidential recruit records, resulting in improved accessibility and efficiency.
• Completed human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning recruits.
• Generated and updated complete and accurate recruit files for Substation with over 60 recruits.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: