Dedicated, adaptable and friendly Family Liaison, and current member of the Family Liaison Leadership Team. Committed to the District Goals of Access, Equity and Accountability. Creative and resourceful when implementing comprehensive programs to increase and improve family involvement in support for student education. Highly motivated and skilled at outreach and relationship development, focusing on intentional partnerships with Community Based Organizations.
1. Maintain a safe, warm and welcoming space for James Lick families to access information, resources, and find support.
2. Collaborate with James Lick staff and families to develop strong academic partnerships and enhance communication between families, school, and the district.
3. Organize, implement, coordinate, and present family education workshops and training sessions.
4. Coordinate, develop, and implement strategies to effectively involve and empower families as key decision makers in important school governance committees.(e.g. SSC, ELAC, and PTSA )
5. Partner with community based organizations to provide services for families, as needed.
6. Organize and coordinate parent volunteers for various school activities and student events.
7. Maintain monthly Data Director log for 10 focal families at my site.
8. Prepare and disseminate monthly newsletters and school and district communication materials for families.
9. Support high quality engagement through program evaluation, data collection, and capacity building of the school staff and leadership.
10. Facilitate connections with District priorities (e.g. Common Core, RTI, RP, school governance, and Balanced Score Cards)
1. Responsibilities as listed above with age appropriate and relevant information to suit the needs of families of elementary students.
2. Food Bank contact, coordinated parent volunteers, stocked and maintained area for the distribution of goods.
3. Provided information, workshops and presentations for families around the selection and enrollment process for middle schools, including James Lick.
4. Accompanied families on middle school tours and provided translation when not available.
Minor in Psychology
Public speaking courses
Broadcasting and Public Relations coursework
Dental X-Ray technician
Radiography equipment operation, maintenance, and testing
Patient service training to assure the most comfortable, ultimate patient experience
Volunteer, James Lick Middle School, 2009
Volunteer, Sunset Youth Services, 2008
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: