Experienced and well-qualified ER Nurse who provides comprehensive emergency medical support and care to patients who visit the emergency room. Excels at managing health care needs within crisis situations that need immediate intensive attention. Reacts effectively in emergency scenarios, demonstrating sound decision-making that helped saved patient lives. Collaborates with other ER professionals to ensure effective patient care delivery. Assisted with various emergency procedures, treatments and techniques and worked within a multi-disciplinary environment to ensure that the highest level of care was maintained at all times. Ensures the provision of quality emergency medical care to patients requiring emergency treatment in accordance with physician orders, hospital policy, and standard nursing practice. Contributed to strategic plans and initiatives to advance standards of care excellence, improve patient outcomes and drive continuous improvement.
· Assessment and placement of patients as a triage RN
· Perform focused assessment of chief complaints on each patient according to established triage guidelines, manage planning and prioritize implementation of interventions
· Coordinate patient referrals and discharge planning activities
· Highly proficient clinical skills: IV access, pushes, drips, blood transfusion monitoring, EKG, cardiac and vital sign monitoring, medication administration and medication titration
· Computer proficient / Microsoft office
· Delegate appropriate task with ancillary staff
· Works quickly and efficiently under pressure to provide immediate care
· Diagnostic test performance
· Strong communication skills and quick learner
· Ability to perform intensive manual labor
· Compassionate approach to patient interaction and educates patients and families
· Detail-oriented and responsible
· Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms (Allscripts)
· Preceptor for new RN and ancillary staff, assist with planning, directing, teaching, and supervision of care
· Identified and met patient/family learning and discharge needs upon admission through discharge, executed necessary trauma, emergency and rapid assessment processes while providing comfort and care to patients and families in emergency situations.
· Performed focused assessment of chief complaint on each patient in a timely manner according to established triage guidelines and placement of patients as a triage RN.
· Applied expertise in rapid assessments and treatments, particularly upon patient arrival to the ER during initial phase of acute illness and trauma; treated a variety of illnesses or injury in children and adults, from minor bacterial infections, to cardiac arrests, to emergency trauma situations.
· Performed medical task such as EKG, venipuncture, cardiac and vital sign monitoring, medication administration and medication titration.
· Assisted on invasive procedures such as endotracheal intubation, central line placement, and chest tubes and efficient and knowledgeable on handling of intubations, defibrillations, mechanical ventilator, blood transfusions, splinting, and dressing placements.
· Handled medical emergencies resulting from events such as strokes, cardiac arrest, car accidents, stabbings, head injuries, poison ingestion, drug overdoses, sexual assault and burns.
· Supervised nursing and other health care personnel during a shift, maintained accurate, detailed reports and records when covering a charge nurse or acting charge nurse if assigned, preceptor on new RNs and ancillary staff.
· Evaluated patient care needs, prioritize treatment to maintain patient flow. As a team leader, I managed a team of nurses to provide intensive emergency care and medical support in crisis situations, prioritizes tasks and responsibilities, delegates in order to support multiple staff members.
· Coordinated patient referrals and discharge planning activities and instructed individuals and families on topics such as health education, disease prevention and management, and developed health improvement programs.
· Utilized the nursing process, provided nursing care based on recognized professional and legal standards of practice. Works both autonomously and collaboratively in the performance of nursing practice as a part of a multi-disciplinary treatment team to carry out legal physician and independent practitioner's orders, the medical plan of care and notifying them of the changes in the patient's condition. Assessment and monitoring of patient's physical, emotional and spiritual status including vital signs. Initiating, supervising, delegating activities for and evaluating the outcome of nursing care plan according to accepted professional, legal and facility based standards and rules. Accurate documentation pertaining to patient's condition and administration of medications and clear/precise endorsement to ensure continuity of care. Maintenance of skills and knowledge based through reading, training and other structured activities including the maintenance of continuing education requirements of licensure as required by state law.
· Delivered a complete range of primary nursing geriatric care and patients that acquire rehabilitation therapy. Accurately obtained and documented patient history, medication lists, comprehensive individual conditions and needs. Carried out prescribed medications, medical treatments and procedures. Collaborate with other health care providers in regards with patient's overall medical condition. Utilized and recognized nursing techniques, procedures and established standards as outlined within the scope of practice. Operated medical equipment such as G-tube, suction machine, oxygen supplies, nebulizer, pulse oximeter, hoyer lift, BiPAP/CPAP machine, glucometer and AED.
· Medical-Surgical staff nurse and circulated with training at the DR, ER, OB and pediatric ward. Dispensed medicines properly and carefully, and treated wounds as per doctor's orders. Checked vital signs, documented necessary data on admitting charts of admitted patients, gave initial dose of medicines and infused IV fluids as per doctor's orders with respect to their rights of confidentiality before transferring to the ward. Imparted health teachings to patients, emphasizing on disease and preventions.
Attended post-partum cases and surgical patients. Assisted physicians during rounds, carried out orders promptly and reported abnormal results to attending physician.
* Reference available upon request *
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: