Experienced Supervisor with 14 years of experience optimizing productivity, efficiency and service quality across various environments. Highly dependable, ethical and reliable leader that blends advanced organizational, technical and business acumen. Works effectively with cross-functional teams in ensuring operational and service excellence.
· Plan, assign and supervise the work of Eligibility Technicians responsible for making eligibility determinations and issuing appropriate Federal/State/County benefits.
· Monitor and evaluate the work performance of subordinate staff, prepare performance evaluations; identify and assist in resolving performance deficiencies; and recommend disciplinary action, when appropriate.
· Develop and present training to subordinate staff; and conduct group and/or individual complex case situations.
· Explain Federal, State and County rules, regulations and policies; and assist in resolving complex case situations.
· Prepare accurate reports, statistics, records and correspondence; participate in studies or research projects as assigned.
· Research and resolve client complaints and/or case inconsistencies.
· Assist staff in identifying client problems, which require mandated social services or referral to other resources.
· Monitor unit data and make recommendations to equalize the workload.
· Access and use various computer software programs.
· General Knowledge of and regulations governing eligibility and benefit programs such as Medi-Cal, Food Stamps, General Relief
· Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with staff and the general public including persons of different cultures.
· Interview both applicants and recipients of one or more Federal/State/County benefit programs and review relevant documentation to determine initial and/or ongoing program eligibility in accordance with regulations and established policies and procedures.
· Explain rules, regulations, procedures, rights and responsibilities to applicants and recipients.
· Make mathematical computations and complete forms necessary to authorize, continue, and modify public assistance benefits.
· Enter data into one or more computerized systems.
· Research, review, assess and verify information from one or more computer systems, determine discrepancies between information from different systems, and develop solutions to mitigate discrepancies in order to determine eligibility.
· Analyze physical and digital documents for errors and note or make corrections as needed.
· Detect and evaluate potential fraudulent situations and make appropriate referrals.
· Testify in State/County hearings or in court regarding clients and case actions, as required.
· Prepare clear and concise records, reports and statistics.
· Process casework within mandated timeframes.
· Refer applicants and recipients for appropriate social services including mental health/substance abuse/domestic violence; provide information and make routine referrals to resources available throughout the County and within the community.
· Review accuracy of benefits, and establish and process overpayments, over issuances and underpayments.
· Answer and return phone calls and respond to mail inquiries in a caseload or call center environment.
· Perform fieldwork, including, but not limited to, outreach activities and home visits.
· Certified bilingual staff may be required to conduct interviews and process casework in another language and serve as an interpreter, as needed.
· Identified job seekers with job searching challenges to strategize success plans.
· Reviewed applications for different aid programs and determined which qualification criteria for individuals.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: