Team-minded Documentation Manager with 8 years of hands-on experience in the shipping industry. Successfully leads teams of eight staff and provides documentation support for development of all departments initiative. Exceptional management skills, strong work ethic, excellent writing and editing capabilities to meet deadlines. Document Management Specialist, providing general administrative back-up and other duties. More than eight years of records management support. Familiar and experienced with electronic filing systems, various document management technologies, and scanning experience. Knowledge of filing systems and standards. Proficiency working with Document Management Systems. Multi-tasks well and efficiently manages changing priorities. Excellent organizational and analytical skills, with attention to detail.
• Overseeing incoming and outgoing shipping activities to ensure accuracy, completeness and conditions of shipments
• Determining work procedures, preparing work schedules and expediting workflow
• Determining shipping priorities, work assignments and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
• Develop standard work, establish and track metrics based on customer requirements, and identify gaps in expected and actual performance for warehousing, distribution and logistics processes
• Ensuring that all employees are in compliance with all applicable health and safety regulations and other company-related policies and procedures
• Investigating and solving customer problems and issues
• Knowledge of import/export compliance & controls
• International shipping experience in the electronics and defense sector.
• Preparing delivery documentation for products, parts, and materials for shipment and routes following customer instructions
• Establishing and managing relationships with freight forwarders, international shipping companies and couriers
• Responds to emails calls and voicemail to schedule shipping appointments
• Ensures batch and non-batch managed materials are received in correctly and helps receive them when necessary
• Load plans all internal and external shipments
• Sell telecommunications products and services to both individuals and companies.
• Sell VoIP for corporate technology and communications systems.
• Build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
• Keep abreast of current technology trends.
• Identify, contact and build relationships with prospective customers through a combination of telephone and in-person cold calls, networking and referrals to obtain appointments.
• Leverage the CRM system to develop prospecting and sales strategy that ensures high activity and effective closing ratios.
• Book and install new lines/circuits/bundles/services to meet established monthly quotas.
• Write and submit accurate orders.
• Design customized, cost-effective solutions for the client.
• Manage a territory using technology, prioritization and time management skills.
• Submit pricing and pre-qualification requests reflecting the client's requirements.
• Maintain an updated database in sales database including all activities, partners, and opportunities with their current status.
• Maintain open and effective lines of communication throughout the organization to maintain a sense of teamwork, enthusiasm, pride, and quality workmanship.
• Capture and review any competitive intelligence gathered and proactively communicates this information to marketing.
• Define personal and corporate revenue objectives
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: