Resourceful Construction Professional with experience in corporate construction and residential home projects. Team player with knowledge in HVAC. Independent multi-tasker with proven ability to facilitate projects through completion.
As the District Technical Manager I am responsible for leading the In-Home technical workgroup in order to achieve business results and goals. This position controls and manages the installation and service process for Home Improvement's Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products within the District. This position provides management of scheduling, quality and customer satisfaction and service; materials management; and the management of the Independent Contractor and employee workforce. Additionally, this position has the authority to identify, recruit, train and develop HVAC Technicians and Associates in accordance with Sears' requirements. Also, this position periodically inspects the work of all new HVAC Technicians to ensure that the quality and consistency of workmanship meets Sears' standards.
•Manages the Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) products lines in the District
•Balances ratio of installations done by Contractors and HVAC Technicians to maintain baseline minimum of hours for HVAC Technicians while managing risk of Contractor attrition
•Manages and controls all District service related costs for the HVAC product line
•Provides guidance and direction to HVAC Technicians in the installation and repair process by supervising all jobs in progress
•Supports the installation process by managing communications with the customer on HVAC jobs in progress and service issues
•Resolves customer service disputes on work in progress and completed jobs according to Sears' service policy
•Ensures Customer Business Review sequence is completed as scheduled
•Supports the Installation process through effective materials and inventory management, including inventory variances
•Supports the installation process by identifying, communicating and resolving contract issues with sales staff
•Ensures proper permits and licenses for all jobs have been obtained as required
•Ensures all required documentation is completed for each job (i.e., labor and material bills, completions and job costs)
•Ensures that the District Backlog Update is completed for each HVAC job in progress
•Enforces proper procedures of certification program
•Follows up on all phone inquiries from the customer, Sales staff, product Vendor or Sub-Contractor
•Ensures Contractors carry the required insurance coverage, and ensures that the coverage remains current
•Supports the HVAC installation process by identifying, recruiting, training and developing HVAC Technicians and Contractors in accordance with Sears' requirements
•Reviews customer metric data and develops plans to improve satisfaction levels
•Utilizes workforce planning process to develop staffing requirements that allow for profitable growth and customer satisfaction
The Lead Mentor Technician, on an individual and mentor/mentee basis, is responsible for providing timely and quality repairs of customers' products while maintaining high customer service. This position promotes and sells additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the Company. In addition, the purpose of this position is to provide direct mentoring of new hire technicians during the first phase of their onboarding. The Lead Mentor Technician works with the district to ensure specialized training is delivered, and all aspects of technical onboarding are satisfied. The Lead Mentor Technician advises TM/DSM of technician's readiness and additional training needs. Additionally, the Lead Mentor Technician will be tasked to provide training and coaching to incumbent technicians on specific opportunity areas and to lead peer training courses as requested.
• 35% Provides direction and Technical assistance to Peer and Mentor Technicians
• 10% Conducts Technical Training and mentors other Technicians in the Home Appliances Industry
• 35% Recommends methods to improve business performance and enhance the customer experience
• 5% Instructs and engages others on the Value Added Services Processes (i.e., Selling and Customer Pro-Advocacy) through effective communication
• 5% Coaches and trains others on all operating policies used in the In Home business specific to the roles and responsibilities of an In Home Service technician (proper truck maintenance and parts inventory management)
• 5% Directs and trains on technical performance metrics including, but not limited to: Net Completes per Day, Customer Satisfaction survey results, First Time Solutions, Recalls, First Time Completes
• 5% Mentors on use of support network (Customer Care Network (CCN), Client Interaction Team (CIT), Center of Excellence (COE), Sears Technical Assistance Team (STAC), District office support, District Staff, Routing, and others as identified by the Technical Manager/Area Operations Manager/District Technical Manager/District Service General Manager
• Demonstrates exemplary technicial behaviors to new and incumbent Technicians and serves as a positive role model
• Recognizes and Communicates existing asset gaps of their assigned workforce to the appropriate Technical Manager or Area Operations Manager
• Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
Inspected all new install HVAC jobs to ensure all codes are met.
Pull permits for all HVAC change outs
Schedule Inspetions with the building dept
CLASS B HVAC CAC1814152
CDL CLASS B
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: