Forward-thinking Manager with project management experience in the outdoor recreation environment. Collaborative leader with dedication to partnering with coworkers to promote engaged, empowering work culture. Documented strengths in building and maintaining relationships with diverse range of stakeholders in dynamic, fast-paced settings.
- Provide leadership and guidance to seven Virginia State Parks in the Central Virginia Region to ensure visitor expectations are met and each park's natural, historical, and cultural resources are provided for the future generations.
- Providing one on one and team level mentoring and coaching to meet the goals of each site.
- Manage compliance with regulatory agencies for health and safety and provide intra agency resources for the advancement of the Agency's mission.
- Implement new creative ideas and/or knowledge into the park operations to allow for effective and efficient operations within allocated resources.
- Analyze the priorities of the District level resources including natural, cultural, and physical resources to determine how to effectively manage within given resources.
- Collaborate with park managers within the district to anticipate future needs/trends and develop strategies to remain relevant and mission compliant.
- Active member of DCR's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion working group.
- Active member of Virginia State Park's position classification and compensation reform working group.
- Ex officio member of Virginia State Park's cabin management working group.
- Provide overall management and leadership for Twin Lakes State Park to include rental cabins, campground, beach complex, multiple picnic shelters, 2 boat launches, office facility, 15 acre lake, 36 acre lake, and 495 total acres of natural and cultural resources.
- Interpret DCR policies and regulations to ensure adherence while staying mission oriented.
- Provide oversight management to the entire visitor experience. This included environmental education, interpretative programs of sites Civil Rights history, pre-arrival website information, and overall experience of the visit.
- Management of enterprise operations to achieve maximum revenue generation. These operations included boat rentals, concessions, and gift shops.
- Provide oversight in the maintenance of park facilities and infrastructure of an 495 acre site to include 20 buildings, water systems, sewer systems, and over 12 miles of trail and road. Included daily routine operations, preventative maintenance, project management, and coordination with contractors.
- Provide overall management to a full functioning state park to include rental cabins, campground, pool complex, 5 picnic shelters, 3 boat launches, visitor center, two major rivers, access to a 50,000 acre lake, 23 acre lake and 2,500 total acres of natural and cultural resources.
- Manage the purchase of an additional 1500 acres of property with an abundance of natural resources. Worked collaboratively to develop desired future conditions for the site and begin implementation.
- Management of aquatic facility to include all aspects of guest safety, management of lifeguards, water chemistry, and general maintenance.
- Planned highly engaging outdoor recreation and environment education programs for on-site and off-site delivery.
- Prepared a variety of different written communications, reports and documents to ensure smooth operations.
- Used critical thinking to break down problems, evaluate solutions and make decisions.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: