Ambitious and results-oriented Banking Director with experience in creating strategic alliances with Executives to effectively align with and support key business initiatives. Results-driven visionary adept at building and retaining high-performing teams in large diverse markets. Proficient at identifying key risk gaps and integrating remediation activities to achieve compliance adherence. Confident partner who works well with stakeholders and corporate teams. Expert at coordinating change management programs inclusive of creating policies and procedures. Recognized for performance excellence in retail bank KPI's inclusive of losses, compliance, security, operational tasks, audit, E2E mapping, and managing customer complaints. Successful in developing framework for continuous process improvement and monitoring.
• Developed and implemented 1st Line of Defense Quality Assurance Program to include on-site inspections and certification of controls for the Bank. Responsible for governing ongoing quality assurance testing, meeting/exceeding goals of 90%, including remote video monitoring. Evaluate control effectiveness through on-site visits, reviews of certifications, and current procedural and regulatory adherence; work with Leadership teams to correct deficiencies;
• Review Federal, State and internal bank audit reports, identifying deficiencies. Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with business lines, interfaces frequently with second line of defense, including Operational Risk Management, and Compliance. Interacts with third line of defense and audit to ensure major issues are remediated timely. Facilitate change implementation introduced by regulations, policies and procedures and enterprise compliance. Perform continuous monitoring of employee adherence to new requirements;
• Met or exceeded client satisfaction rating of 85% or more by reviewing client related complaints; escalate issues to appropriate business channels for evaluation and resolution;
• Manage budget for assigned functions. Define clear direction to enhance profitability and operating efficiency in the strategic planning process. Responsible for the equitable and consistent administration of personnel policies; Coordinate efforts with Human Resources in resolution of performance related employee issues;
• Influence the development of Bank employees, ensuring risk is mitigated and errors minimized. Conduct routine site visits. Analyze quality assurance results and escalate accordingly. Work with business line management to enhance employee effectiveness through training, coaching and development plans;
• Provide oversight of security/control functions as emergencies occur to include but not limited to: robberies, fire, flood, inclement weather conditions resulting in closures, power outages, system outages, fraud, defalcations, operating losses and violations of employee policies and procedures; and
• Evaluate and monitor service level expectations at financial centers and back office; Met or exceeded 90% of all critical client and non/client facing functions. Directly and through subordinates, act as an expert on Human Resources/training functions/procedure creation and annual procedural revisions as required.
•Multi-retail management presiding over 340+ retail branch locations in multiple states, largest division on the east coast of the U.S.; Directly supervised more than 40 field representatives in multiple states and over 2,500 branch personnel indirectly;
•Division rated in top two of every operational category for five consecutive years;
•Managed Lending Processing Center - Created new E2E flow in loan department resulting in meeting regulatory requirements;
•Established notification program to enhance loss saves to company of more than $15M annually; Company rollout nationwide after two-year testing phase;
•Implemented rollout of more than 15 nationwide programs initially proving proof of concept and leading successful implementation; Developed nationwide & local programs to increase performance; and introduced functional checklist to aid in the opening/closing/relocation of more than 150 retail locations as prescribed by corporate;
•Authorized corporate programs designed to increased audit scores from below average to exceeding performance level; programs designed at employee level to boost accountability and ownership; and
•Introduced key recognition programs; root cause analysis as part of field representatives job descriptions; leading corporate programs to drive gap determination, remediation production.
•PurePoint Financial Achievement Award (2017); Nominated by Executive Management.
•Circle of Excellence Award (2011) Capital One Bank: Nominated by Senior level Management.
•One Award Winner (2011) Capital One Bank: Nominated by Sales Director.
•Ace Award Winner (2007) WaMu: Nominated for outstanding leadership.
•Retail Bank Premier Group (2007) & (2003) WaMu: Company's Highest Honor for overall individual performance.
•Spirit of a Leader Award (2006) Spirit Award Winner (2004) WaMu: Nominated by Colleagues for providing outstanding leadership performance.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: