Meticulous professional who appreciates creative, collaborative program design and complex assignments. Skilled communicator; able to maintain cultural sensitivity and establish rapport with members of diverse groups and promote team cohesiveness. Highly organized and friendly, able to establish long-term, positive and fun relationships with clients, co-workers and program participants.
I strive to consistently bring a fresh, yet well-seasoned approach to the table. I believe and agree that the values of Integrity, Accountability and Commitment to Service are paramount to success and I align myself with these kinds of social agreements.
Management and creation of alternative funding resources through partnerships, sponsorships, and grants. Prepares and monitors grants and contracts to expand and enhance the delivery of quality programs and services. Awarded grants include:
- Community Block Development Grants
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Department of Natural Resources Grants (Recreational Trails Grant, Outdoor Stewardship Grant)
- National Recreation & Parks Association (multiple awards)
- Georgia Recreation & Parks Association (multiple awards)
Develops and implements community outreach, marketing and promotional plans. Manages department public relations, marketing and branding efforts throughout the community and develops an annual report. Maintains community outreach partnerships and attempts to establish new ones to more effectively address community needs. Represents the department at Council meetings, civic group meetings and community functions.
Works with citizens, community organizations, and groups in planning and implementing recreation and athletic programs, designing new facilities, planning new park developments, and creating / preserving natural areas and beautification projects.
Develops and manages the creation, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating of annual special events and community tourism opportunities.
- Independence Day celebration
- Holiday parade
- Hot air balloon festival
Management of ADA compliance, inclusion and staffing for all programs throughout the department, including individualized needs assessments essential to successful program participation for all citizens.
- ACC CVB Sports Tourism Council Member
- Development and management of The P.L.A.Y. Fund, a partnership with The Athens Area Community Foundation supporting the ACC Leisure Services scholarship program
- Participation as an Innovation Ambassador
- Development of the Mayor's Youth Council teen partnership
- Department Master Planning team leader
Responsible for all aspects of operations for Atlanta Karate, including programming, risk management, budget management, fund development, marketing, public relations and strategic planning. Provided primary leadership for the success of the program and operation of Atlanta Karate.
- Development of curriculum aligned with educational programs within local schools, with 13 after school programs.
- Programming; youth development, therapeutic recreation, and outdoor adventure activities such as weekend camping excursions.
- Management of the annual budget as well as oversight of donations, grants, sponsorships and community partnerships.
- Successful organizational management and development, attaining 501(c)(3) status.
- Creation and management of summer camp programs and activities over 8 years, 7 camps per summer, serving over 1,130 children.
Full range of administrative marketing duties, working as direct liaison for sponsorships, partnerships and programs for corporate (HCA) community health and wellness program, H2U.
- Worked to negotiate, secure and maintain relationships with local health and wellness vendors in support of our programs that resulted in: census growth through program attendance and participation.
- Assisted in achievement of JHACO accreditation.
- Monthly creation of facility newsletter as well as facility embeds in national Health & Wellness 2U (H2U) newsletter from corporate.
* NRPA - Certified Parks & Recreation Professional
* American Red Cross - First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
* FEMA – NIMS Emergency Management Training
* Peak Academy – Lean Six Sigma
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: