Experienced and Focused Correctional Officer with over 15 years working to maintain safety and order in minimum and medium security facilities in Texas. Intelligent and agile with remarkable security awareness especially in deescalating conflicts. Extensive experience in security procedures and searches. Proven success enforcing facility policies and reducing altercations.
· Prevention of Criminal Activity
· Security Camera Monitoring
· Report preparation
· Restraint Techniques
· Safety and security
· Crisis intervention training
· Emergency Response
· Conflict resolution skills
· Processed inmates by taking photographs and fingerprints.
· Attended to feeding, housing and physical well-being of inmates.
· Wrote daily reports and maintained logs of inmate activities and behaviors.
· Verified identification usingspecialized databases and methods such as fingerprinting.
· Processed prisoners through appropriate identification and documentation processes as part of facility booking procedures.
· Maintained security and welfare of prisoners in [Number]-inmate [Type] facility.
· Inspected jail conditions and took action to rectify problems in order to meet state and federal regulations for health and safety.
· Regularly conducted security and sanitation checks.
· Took custody of prisoners from arresting officers to begin processing into detention facility.
· Testified in court pertaining to prisoner statements and behavior while in custody.
· Conducted physical searches of prisoners and premises in search of weapons and contraband.
· Supervised and controlled behavior of [Number] inmates.
· Processed visitors and attorneys arriving to see prisoners.
· Completed dorm sanitation and maintenance checks and reported results to management.
· Searched building and grounds, living quarters and work areas for contraband.
· Established positive working relationships and maintained boundaries with resident offenders.
· Made rounds at specified intervals and conducted head counts and roll calls.
· Operated bus and navigation equipment in alignment with company safety, DOT and local traffic standards and regulations.
· Assisted passengers with disabilities and other physical issues in boarding and exiting bus to promote passenger safety.
· Performed bus driving duties while keeping student safety in mind to maintain good safety record.
· Transported passengers safely along prescribed routes according to tight schedules following established routes.
· Adhered to scheduled routes and accomplished timely drop-offs and pick-ups to comply with preset route criteria.
· Obeyed federal, [State] and local traffic laws and regulations to enable safe transportation outcomes for participants.
· Conducted pre-trip inspections of bus for safe operation.
· Provided passenger assistance including collecting fares and offering schedule and route information.
· Devoted special emphasis to punctuality and worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistently arriving to work ready to start immediately.
· Resolved conflicts and negotiated mutually beneficial agreements between parties.
· Maintained excellent attendance record, consistently arriving to work on time.
· Toll Collector
· Counted cash in register drawer at beginning and end of shift.
· Answered alarms, investigated disturbances and contacted law enforcement personnel to escalate crises.
· Responded quickly to incidents and assessed active situations for security concerns.
· Interacted assertively but non-confrontationally with all levels of personnel and general public.
· Completed full building and grounds patrols every hour to spot and investigate concerns.
· Secured premises and personnel by patrolling property and monitoring surveillance equipment.
· Worked independently and collaboratively to resolve urgent issues to protect lives and property.
· Detailed theft, access violations and other incidents with reports to boost success of future criminal or civil remediation.
· Responded quickly to emergency situations to assess and deflect issues.
· Participated in staff meetings, special events and professional development activities.
· Reported irregularities such as fire and safety hazards to maintenance.
· Reviewed camera and system feeds and alerted proper respondents regarding discrepancies.
· Drafted reports of property damage, theft, accidents and unusual occurrences to document daily activities and irregularities.
· Oversaw daily monitoring and patrolled buildings, grounds, and work sites.
· Performed cash drops while maintaining security and control of drop box at all times.
· Gathered information, identified and implemented resolution, planned follow-up and logged and filed incident report to successfully manage complaints.
· Collected tolls, provided change and issued receipts to motorists quickly to maintain traffic flow.
· Monitored toll lane activity and generated operational reports.
· Communicated in English and Spanish to assist motorists and respond to inquiries concerning tolls, directions and routes.
TxDPS Private Security Certification
CDL Class B with Passengers Endorsement
· Martial Arts
· Motorcycle Riding
· Relaxation Techniques
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: