My name is David Magnuson, I am 25, married to my wife Katie and I am looking for a job. I grew up in Dallas Texas and with both my parents being born and raised in small towns in Nebraska, I came back the homeland as fast as I could. I am a custom woodworker and cabinet maker with almost 2 years of full time experience and I constantly work to make the highest quality product. I am obsessed with craft. My skills are in cabinet making, furniture construction and antique restoration. However, I am willing to learn new fields, whatever is required to give the customer the highest quality product. I have a lot of pride in my work and I seek to be the best at what I do.
Right now, I will not be employed as of May 1st. However, my current boss Marcus Hinrichs, has given me his blessing to take whatever job comes my way, as his son-in-law is returning from military deployment and will rejoin the family business at Hinrichs Fine Woods in April. Marcus has been a great mentor, teacher and friend to me. As a reference Marcus Hinrichs can be reached at Phone: 402-499-9854 or email: Hinrichsfinewoods@yahoo.com
Working in a business that makes custom furniture and cabinets and also restores antiques, I have experience with every tool in the shop.
If you hire me, you will see these qualities in my work and in my character.
At Hinrichs Fine Woods we make custom designed cabinets completely out of our shop to the highest standards. We are one of the top antique restoration businesses in Lincoln. We also design and make custom pieces of furniture. I Personally have worked in every area of this business with the exception of cabinet design. These are my job duties at Hinrichs Fine Woods.
1. Cut hardwood boards to precise dimensions using a jointer, table-saw, radial arm saw and thickness planer.
2. Countless hours of sanding experience. On both new products and on intricate antiques. Operating a wide-belt sander, oscillating sander, disk-belt sander, a handheld quarter-sheet sander, random orbit sander and by hand.
3. Assembly of various types of cabinets and furniture using primarily biscuit joints, pocket screws, the appropriate amount of glue and clamps.
4. I have made every drawer for our cabinets using a dovetailed joint each drawer is perfectly squared.
5. The making of cabinet doors and drawer faces.
6. Staining of antiques, cabinets of all shapes and sizes. Spraying and wiping.
7. Finishing. Applying 3-4 coats of polyurethane, lacquer, or a conversion varnish. I finish flat surfaced doors, squared drawers and smaller antiques.
8. Furniture and antique restoration, repair and refinishing. Stripping furniture, repairing furniture, sanding the piece smooth while maintaining the pieces natural age, color and character of the wood.
9. Painting of cabinets and antiques
10. Sanding Finish
11. Installing cabinets. Carrying heavy cabinets safely into residencies. Hanging cabinets. Using a power plane and other tools to make adjustments to the cabinets for a perfect fit.
12. Cutting trim on a compound miter saw. Fitting and hanging trim onto cabinets.
13. Lastly the keeping of an organized and clean shop and work space.
I had an interest in becoming a police officer. In college I interned for LPD for the victim-witness protection division. These were my duties.
1. Calling victims and witnesses of crime.
2. Meeting with victims.
3. Going to court on behalf of victims.
4. Following up with victims.
5. Sometimes having 30 minute conversations with victims, consoling them and hearing them out.
6. Connecting victims to various social services in Lincoln.
I interned with the Attorney General's office in college. These were my duties.
1. Wrote letters for the Deputy Attorney General, Dave Bydalyk.
2. Did research for the Attorney General, Doug Peterson.
3. Prepared powerpoint presentations for Doug Peterson.
4. Data based mail for the office.
5. Was a runner for the office delivering mail and important legal documents to various governmental and legal agencies.
Worked as a camp counselor for Pine Cove Christian Camps in Tyler Texas. During this job I took care of children ages 6-10 all summer. I Set up fun games and activities for the children and ensured safety for the children. I taught the children Bible stories and about Jesus.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: