I have worked in the security and prison field for over 32 years, but I have assisted in the wine industry the last couple of years bottling for Barbieri Winery and helping them out during their pick-up parties. I have a strong work ethic, I have the eagerness and capacity to learn, and can be relied upon to do the job and any other assigned tasks.
* Former member, assistant leader, and leader of the institution's
Special Operations Response Team (SORT).
* Former member of the institution's Hostage Negotiation Team (HNT).
* Trained in SCBA.
* Trained and certified in CPR.
As a Correctional Counselor, I was assigned a caseload of approximately 250 inmates. My duties included:
* Assigned inmates jobs within the correctional facility via computer program.
* Assigned inmates housing units and bed assignments via computer program.
* Coordinated any approvals or disapprovals to the inmates' visiting lists, as well as conducted the NCIC checks for those requesting placement on an inmate's
* Retrieved and distributed inmate legal correspondence with attorneys or federal
* Planned educational and training programs for offenders.
* Resolved day-to-day problems with on-the-spot counseling.
* Conducted regularly scheduled meetings with inmates to provide assistance with problems while incarcerated.
* Created a payment plan for inmates with criminal restitutions and fines due.
* Gathered data and prepared required reports on the inmate's progress and made entries in the inmate's central file.
* Oversaw unit sanitation through direct and indirect supervision.
* Allocated equipment for unit maintenance and sanitation.
* Used Word and Excel for various forms.
* Served as liaison with other institutional departments for the purpose of
communication, administrative matters, and feedback on inmates' behavior.
* Responded to all emergencies which occurred within the correctional complex.
As a Correctional Supervisor, Lieutenant, my duties included:
* Responsible for the daily operations of the institution and the supervision and
assignment of approximately 50 Correctional Officers.
* Provided complete and thorough reporting procedures which included synopsis of incidents considered serious in nature.
* Completed audits and follow-ups of each area concerning the institution.
* Conducted and prepared inmate investigations and interviews regarding disciplinary matters, gang activities, and various types of criminal activity.
* Wrote current operating procedures, post orders, local policies, and memorandums which coincide with national policy.
* Investigated and prepared responses for federal TORT claims, administrative remedies, and correspondence to other agencies.
* Supervisor in charge of all incidents considered serious in nature, to include suicides, homicides, fights, assaults, destruction of government property, etc.
*Wrote staff quarterly and yearly evaluations, counseled and trained staff on a daily basis.
* I ensured all necessary security inspections were completed and made recommendations for corrections and improvements to ensure security of the institution is maintained.
* Responsible for security while moving inmates out of the confines of the institution for medical appointments.
As a Correctional Officer, my duties included:
* Performed physical securitychecks of buildings and perimeter fences.
* Escorted visitors to include VIP dignitaries as well as badged and unbadged contractors inside the institution.
* Kept track of staff and inmate movement, used a radio to contact staff or call for emergency assistance, track and dispense keys and other equipment needed by staff on a daily basis, kept a running count on inmates inside and outside the institution and would ID all staff and contractors/visitors in and out of the institution.
* Conducted rounds and inspections in housing units and common areas of the institution looking for unusual activity and contraband.
* Responded to all emergencies in the institution.
* Wrote detailed memorandums and incident reports and kept track of daily operations via computer program.
* Accounted for, recorded and disposed of contraband appropriately.
* Ensured sanitation, security, and safety rules were being adhered to by the inmates.
* Patrolled the institution's perimeter in a vehicle, looking for unusual activity.
* Conducted physical searches (pat downs) of inmates routinely.
* Performed armed transport of inmates to medical appointments.
*Conducted urinalysis testing on random and suspect lists in the inmate population.
* Collected and preserved evidence at various crime scenes and used the chain of command appropriately.
* Applied restraints on inmates when needed.
* Knowledge and practical use of chemical dispersion equipment to include pepper spray, pepper fogger, and pepper ball launcher.
* Trained in the use of SCBA equipment.
As a Security Policeman in the United States Air Force, my duties included:
* Provided vehicle and foot patrol of restricted and military sensitive areas to include launch sites and weapon storage areas.
* Entry point controller to restricted areas on Vandenberg AFB.
* Drove military Humvees patrol vehicles during convoys.
* Performed force protection duties, including the use of deadly force to protect personnel and critical Air Force resources.
* Detected and reported presence of unauthorized personnel and activities.
* Provided armed response to building alarms.
* Operated communications equipment, vehicles, intrusion detection equipment, and other special purpose equipment.
* Weapons qualified with the M-16 rifle, 9mm pistol, M-60 machine gun, and the
M-203 grenade launcher.
* Provided traffic and crowd control.
I attended the University of Nebraska at Omaha and earned 39 semester hours prior to joining the Air Force. While in the Air Force, I attended City Colleges of Chicago and Allen Hancock College earning a total of 15 semester hours. I received my Associates Degree through the Community College of the Air Force. I earned a total of 62 semester hours from my military training and the colleges I attended.
American Correctional Association Correspondence Courses (ACA)
* Correctional Supervision (2/1995)
* Correctional Officer (3/1995)
* Correctional Officer II (3/1995)
* Correctional Supervision II (3/1995)
* Motivating Correctional Staff (5/1995)
* Report Writing (5/1995)
* Manipulative Inmates (10/1996)
* Armed Basic Prisoner Transport (9/1998)
* New Lieutenant's Training (4/1999)
* Defense Technologies Course (12/1999)
* FBI homicide Crime Scene Investigation (2/2001)
* Investigative Intelligence Training (3/2001)
* Tactical Leadership Training (4/2001)
* Bus Operations Training (8/2002)
* Active Shooter Training (1/2018)
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: