Results-oriented Executive with a demonstrated track record of success in the field of Intellectual Disability and Autism over a 30+ year career of leadership.
• Excellent Communication/interpersonal skills
* Leads the Residential Services team to deliver cost-effective, high quality, comprehensive residential services that deliver person-centered outcomes in accord with agency compliance and best practice standards.
* Plans, organizes and develops strategies to assure continuous quality improvement for all services and supports.
* Spends time in residential and other SPIN services and time with employees and individuals to insure direct knowledge of people, services and supports.
* Creates and supports a flexible, high performance professional team capable of achieving organizational outcomes and delivering and expanding best practice services.
* Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of service delivery in the attainment of outcomes and makes modifications in a timely, responsive way. o Fosters an environment of high performance, where staff are recognized for achievements and held accountable in a "outcome focused" culture.
* Creates an atmosphere conducive to learning, where teachable moments and coaching support everyday practices and skill development.
*Builds rapport and collaborative relationships with colleagues and all stakeholders to advance the agency mission and achieve organizational outcomes.
* Ensures that resources are effectively planned, evaluated and used to assure the best possible outcomes at the lowest necessary cost. . Ensures all services are delivered in compliance $ith internal compliance plan and regulatory and funding requirements and guidelines.
* Supports the achievement of all goals in SPIN's Annual Plan and QM Plan and supports all other agency initiatives.
* Leads a high performance team that inspires confidence in the services and supports provided by SPIN West.
* Demonstrates high performance in achieving the goals of SPIN including the development of new and inclusive community services.
* Effectively builds rapport and collaborative partnerships to achieve organizational outcomes.
* Effectively communicates clear and stretching expectations for self and others.
* Demonstrates positive leadership and mentoring approaches.
* Strong organizational and strategic planning skills, able to develop data-based decision making models and execute decisions based therein, effectively developing and utilizing resources.
* Effectively communicates shared values and understanding of the agency mission, vision and culture.
*Able to multitask and creatively problem-solve in the best interest of individuals, the community and the organization.
* Is flexible, detail oriented, and passionate about being a change agent in supporting people to live their life to their fullest potential in an inclusive community..
* Able to respond to emergency situations along with developing strategies that would mitigate emergencies.
Assures that all services of the Agency reflect adherence to quality assurance standards of the Commonwealth and SPIN.
Performs emergency duties as requested in the best interest of SPIN and the health and welfare of its service recipients and employees.
As Director of Residential Services Develops, plans, organizes, supervises, coordinates, budgets, monitors and evaluates policies, procedures and operations of the agency to insure the accomplishment of the departments mission.
* Ensures the provision of appropriate services in the area of Residential Services as determined by the agency mission.
* Maintains an active internal communication flow with all management staff to insure comprehensive, coordinated operations and individual services.
* Assures that Residential Services meets the needs of all service recipients in accord with best practice.
* Prepares all County, State and Federal reports pertaining to Residential Services.
* Supervises the management staff of Residential Services
* Demonstrates fiscal accountability regarding the management and implementation of the department's budget.
• Support and assist Professional Development in training Direct Support Professionals.
• Support and coach staff in the provision of best-practices, outcomes-oriented, direct support for individuals.
• Support and coach staff in their professional development.
• Actively participate with team in developing person-centered Individual Support Plans (ISPs).
• Supervise and assure all aspects of each person's ISP are implemented as authorized and written.
• Manage the resources of each home or program, assuring efficiency and quality standards are achieved.
• Support individuals and their Direct Support staff to use and document uses of person funds within guidelines.
• Communicate with families and other team members regarding issues related to each individual's outcomes.
• Assure full compliance with the DPW regulations that apply.
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held: