Hardworking Commercial Lines Insurance professional with bring 15 years' experience in the commercial insurance industry. Adaptable and competent team player with in-depth understanding of business customer needs and practices. Successful at applying business acumen and underwriting expertise to enhance department growth while controlling risk.
- Supports Construction Territory Managers by gathering data from various reports and resources such as AmBest, IRMI, ISO, ODEN, PAAS, Risk Meter, CAB, GRIT, Prometrix, Cat Station, Hazard Assessment Tool, OSHA & NCCI.
- Pull risk financials from Experian and Lexis Nexis. Review loss history and order loss control reports as needed. Review risk websites to confirm operations. Analyze, document, and assess the information to assist in the evaluation of risk eligibility based on company guidelines and appetite on both renewal and new business submissions.
- Complete initial review of middle market renewals. Document changes, concerns and provide assessment of risk for the upcoming term including pricing suggestions.
- Prepare new business submissions by reviewing the applications, and requesting additional information needed from our agency partners.
-Enter accounts into our system detailing the risk characteristics and analyzing overall operations Including hazard grades for acceptability per Nationwide commercial guidelines.
- Point out areas requiring a Staff and/or Field referral based on the Class of Business and Line of Business.
- Complete amendment requests per company authority guidelines. Work in conjunction with the processing department to provide efficient results.
- Actively participates in meetings and continuously provides feedback to contribute to the success and development of the role
- Actively participates in Lean RCPS, Engagement committee and daily team huddles.
· Maintains successful client relationships with our agency partners by providing timely responses to all inquiries via phone or email.
- Underwrite small business accounts under $25,000 for General Industries by practicing underwriting curiosity to evaluate risk eligibility based on company guidelines and appetite.
- Complete reviews of upcoming renewals by reviewing any changes made to the policies. Review their website to confirm any operational changes, assess current financial stability and losses that may have incurred in past term. Document all findings and price renewals based on our assessment and for future profitability.
- Review incoming new business submissions eligibility.
- Assess hazard grades and exposures by reviewing applications and websites.
- Review financials and prior loss history.
- Pull all required reports needed to give potential clients full consideration based on our company appetite.
- Document each line of business and determine acceptability or rejection.
- Provide written and/or verbal communication to our agency partners in a timely manner.
- Provide exceptional documentation in our company files to support our underwriting decisions
- Maintained successful quality & production to meet service level agreement while contributing to additional committees and projects
- Supported continuous improvement in our department by providing training to fellow associates as needed. Offered continued coaching and development thru our company mentorship program.
- Actively participated in the MMAU pilot program and continuously provided feedback to contribute to the success and development of the role.
- Assessed company investment potential by examining historical trends, current activities and stated plans.
- Middle Market Rating Specialist processing all transactions including new business, renewal, amendments, and correspondence for all lines of business.
- Skilled at manually rating all lines of business using company manuals, ISO Rules, and Reference Connect as guidance.
- Provided training, feedback and support to colleagues on complex rating situations.
- Partnered with underwriters to provide excellent customer service to our clients and agents according to service level agreements set forth by the company.
- Volunteered & actively contributed to the success of the system conversion including model office where we collaborated our findings to create successful solutions.
Introduction to Property & casualty Insurance
AINS- Property and Liability Insurance.
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: