IT Manager dedicated to keeping operations efficient and smooth by delivering successful leadership and team management at all levels. Experienced in administering budgets, overseeing personnel needs and solving routine and complex problems. Familiar with Information technology markets and proactive in capturing new customers and business opportunities.
A leader with Unisys I have the opportunity to work on many state accounts \ government contracted companies for provided IT managed solutions. I have been able to take this team from dedicated silos with many process inefficiencies to a fully leveraged model that allows for maximum utilization of associates. I have been apart of fine tuning KPI metrics ensure maximum use of associates for each engagement, also allowing for less FTE to be billed to each engagement. All this while still maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Costs savings of 1 million plus since my time with this company. I have also had the opportunity to participate in the modeling and presentation of new account engagements further increasing the revenue streams for my organization. Detailed responsibilities for my position also include the below.
• Directs the efforts of 30-60 personnel in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
• Directs the efforts of global resources to help align with existing accounts and ensure maximum efficiencies are utilized.
• Manages the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce on mainframe, network and workload automation teams
• Responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions with team members
• Oversees the monitoring and tuning of the system to achieve optimum performance levels in stand-alone and multi-tiered network, mainframe and workload automation environments
• Provides oversight to the network support (NOC), workload automation, and mainframe teams. Conduct system analysis, perform configuration management and develop improvements for system software performance, availability and reliability.
• Ensures that the teams perform incident resolution, problem determination and root cause analysis in accordance with SLAs.
• Audits existing monitoring for optimization, seeks out new areas of automation not currently being utilized based on industry standards, and drives continual process improvement.
• Organized budgets, oversaw P&Ls and achieved margin targets consistently to stay on track with growth plans.
• Checked facility, employee work and service levels to maintain compliance with company and industry standards.
During my 7 years with Dell EMC I was able to work with customers primally located in the Northeast region of the United states. My main focus was on Fortune 500 financial institutions.
Bigger programs I was involved with included below.
(Names of customers not included for confidentiality.)
Banks in Northeast region (New York & Jersey City ) -For these account I was responsible for all new equipment installs\migrations\decommissions\moves\ any other type of IT project related services requested. I had the opportunity to interact with larger company heads within this organization all the way up to VP level. I was able to take these projects and drastically decrease the amount of time it normally took work to be completed and was able to have the majority of projects all come in under budget. All this and I still maintained a high level of customer satisfaction. Total estimated revenue generated from completed projects 100+ million.
Project management responsibilities include:
Coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
Oversee all aspects of the project. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, as well as monitor and summarize progress of the project.
Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
Work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will engage new talent as needed to fulfill client needs.
Manage a team of up to 40 people depending on project size of the time. Manage anywhere from 10-50 projects at a time.
Technical projects managed include but not limited to below.
• Networking component installation and configuration
• Mainframe upgrades\automation
• NAS\SAN implementations (Familiar with all Dell EMC products)
• Automation software implementations
• Disaster site readiness tests
• Equipment moves in data centers.
• Secure data erasure\decommissions
• Migration projects for all file types
Customer Service Engineer offering support on cable receivers, VOIP systems, and internet troubleshooting. Roles and responsibilities included: new hire training and handling escalated situation with customers. Provided up to date training material for new hire training. Writing knowledge-based articles to document lessons learned.
Remote troubleshooting coaxial cable connections & remotely sending signals to cable receivers VOIP\internet products to make sure they were properly configured on the network\reachable. Provided suggestions to customers on products they could benefit from after troubleshooting was complete.
Information System Management V2 ( Dell EMC certification )
Linux Security ( Dell EMC certification )
Project Management Certified (University Certification)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or providedby the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: