Skilled Financial professional offering 28 years of tracking projects and collaborating on development of optimal budget requirements. Excellent relationship-building, problem-solving and communication skills with analytical and adaptable nature. Detail-oriented Budget Analyst, successful at controlling expenses by conducting comprehensive analyses of diverse data and making accurate projections. Knowledgeable about accounting functions, fiscal requirements and expenditures.
Resource Advisor for the 59th Test and Evaluation Squadron. Manages a budget in excess of 26M, 50% funded by others (Direct cite and reimbursable funding). Responsible for executing Operations and maintenance (O&M) and Research, Development, Test, and Evaluation (RDT&E) Appropriations for A-10 F-15C, F-15E, F-16, F-22A and F-35 aircraft, instrumentation, armament, mission planning equipment, Foreign Military Programs (FMP) and Data Lab.
• Formulates and revises annual budget estimate for financial planning
•Serves as the functional point of contact for day-to-day budget/financial issues
• Works with MAJCOM and budget office counterparts to obtain, monitor, and track organization's funds.
• Researches, compiles, and summarizes data concerning expenses and similar object class and line item information
needed for formulation of budget estimates
• Selects and enters budgetary information on a wide variety of related forms for reports
• Monitors execution of the budget with many different sources and types of funding (e.g., direct multi-year
appropriations, allotments from different appropriations, transfers of funds from other agencies)
• Prepares and documents requests for increases or decreases in funds which require approval of budget or program
officials at higher echelons
• Monitors use and rate of expenditure of budgeted appropriations. Prepares a variety of reports covering status of
funds, expenses, and obligations
• Daily contacts with project managers, engineers program analysts, contractor's other budget and financial analysts
at various levels within the agency
• Assists in the management and coordination of a multi-million, multi-year Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity
(IDIQ) contract providing fiscal and administrative oversight with the contract monitor.
• Reviewed monthly operations to assess compliance with contract budgets and determine necessary adjustments for future plans.
Served as the first FM budget analyst for the 926th Group, Air Force Reserve Command (AFRC) activated in October 2007 at Nellis AFB; Under Base Realignment and Closure BRAC operation I aided the stand up the FM budget office for the 926th Wing under 10th Air Force, Naval Air Station Joint Reserve Base, Fort Worth, Texas. Temporarily worked in the capacity of the budget officer and was the lead Reserve Pay Analyst (RPA). Performed a variety of budgetary and administrative functions implementing organization's budgetary program, policies, and procedures for two groups, 9 squadrons and one detachment across the nation:
• Plan, organize and direct financial management activities including establishing internal controls
• Advise commander and staff on status and progress of command programs
• Prepare, justify and submit financial plan, budget estimates and supplemental budget requirements
• Supervise and manage financial management activities at home station and deployed locations
• Process payroll and travel transaction records
• Review financial data for accuracy, resolve deficiencies and perform audits
• Reviews estimates submitted by program managers and make recommendations to management involving the
allocation and distribution of funds in approved budgets consistent with governing legal and regulatory guidelines
• Distribute initial fiscal year funding and made distribution of quarterly obligation authorities
• Load funds in accordance with subsidiary limitations stated on funding documents
• Initiated reprogramming actions for Operations & Maintenance and Reserve Pay
• Ensured Financial Management Board & Financial Working Group members were identified and approved and have
written appointment on file
• Conducted quarterly Resource management training and adhered to the most current checklist and guidelines
published by HQ AFRC/FMF
• Monitors the use and rate of expenditure of budgeted funds through continuing dialogue with program officials and
• As necessary, keeps informal records of obligations and expenditures for assigned program
• Serves as liaison between program managers and their representatives, the budget division, and other staff offices
connected with the budget process
Supervisor: ASHLY CASH (702-652-0444)
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Many factors go into creating a strong resume. Here are a few tweaks that could improve the score of this resume:
Job Titles Held: