Exceptional Security Management Professional
Dedicated strategist and leader focused on Safety/Security Management
Seasoned professional with extensive experience managing talent, developing safe and secure action plans based upon companies needs, and leading teams to drive for results. Background includes working with local law enforcement agencies on a daily basis, training new employees and management personnel, and developing and implementing strategic security directives.
Upgraded company surveillance system in 8 different stores.
District Assets Protection Trainer
District Assets Protection Resource
Lead a six person Loss Prevention Team responsible for 403 External Apprehensions exceeding goals by 60%.
District Internal Interviewer
Developed and implemented multiple information security and risk management programs covering everything from assessment to management to optimization.
Detected and apprehended professional organized crime rings, resulting in $15,000 in recovered goods and property.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the Target Protection Services team including the hiring, training and development
Responsible for hiring, training and developing a diverse TPS team
Responsible for AP team member development by providing honest feedback, coaching, mentoring and recognition
Making theft apprehensions when appropriate and demonstrates good judgment through high quality apprehensions
Keeping team members aware of AP updates by covering safeness, theft and fraud related topics during huddles and through other store communication vehicles
Drives incident prevention by collecting and analyzing information to determine the proper course of action
Drives a safeness culture through sharing information, prevention practices and being a visible presence.
Ensures Closed Circuit TV (CCTV) equipment is functioning properly and communicating issues to appropriate level of leadership
Partners with store leadership to drive best practices aimed at reducing shortage
Partner with Law Enforcement on security trends and issues.
• Owned shrink and safety results for assigned area(s) and supports the Loss Prevention five play strategy
• Managed the training, detection, investigation and successful resolution of all internal high dollar and sensitive investigations within assigned store.
• Ensured all training in the detection and detention of shoplifters including certification has been completed in assigned store
• Conducted assessments of Loss Prevention and operational performance that impacts shortage control. Actively works with store team in the development and implementation of action plans to improve performance.
• Knowledgeable in the areas of safety, food safety (Kmart/Essentials/Grand), OSHA and environmental programs, and ensures implementation and compliance in assigned store
• Reviewed safety and food safety inspections (Kmart/Essentials/Grand) on a regular basis. Ensures the timely and accurate reporting of results and assists in the development and implementation of corrective actions.
• Recruited, hired, trained, and supervised the Loss Prevention Associates and Leads within assigned store
• Ensured accurate and timely report writing, record keeping and retention of evidence by conducting periodic reviews
• Ensured the proper operation and repairs of alarm, EAS and CCTV equipment
• Educated and motivates store associates to achieve shrink, workers compensation and general liability goals
• Worked as a liaison between the store and the criminal justice community
• Demonstrated courageous leadership by identifying and communicating potential ethical or safety issues that must be addressed at a higher level.
• Managed and ensured reporting of critical incidents in assigned area of responsibility
• Ensured follow-up on required inventories and audits in order to control costs and shrinkage
Addressed all issues of safeness, theft and fraud to deliver a fast, fun and friendly experience for our guests and team members
Prevented loss of merchandise through receipt checks and alarm responses
Gathered, retained and communicated safeness, theft and fraud issues
Maintained a professional appearance and presence
Ensured security systems are working properly
Companies Worked For:
Job Titles Held:
© 2019, Bold Limited. All rights reserved.