As a young adult, I have had extraordinary and unique experiences that contributed to my education. Collectively transforming, and molding my world view. These include networking, travel, and advocacy. When I was just in high school, I attended Barack Obama's inauguration for his second term as our president. The next follwoing year, I had the opportunity to march in the 50th anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King's march on Washington. I was marching with Civil rights hero's in the same fight for social and economic equality. This was a historic moment that defined a big part of my youth and passion for social justice. I became a member of the leadership program in my highschool and successfully helped deliver thousands of food and supplies to those in need in the local area. I became Vice President of Young Democrats at FWBHS, I was then appointed to work on two state and local races in Pensacola during 2013/2014.
TROY UNIVERSITY: (2015)
Entering college at seventeen, I was able to graduate in May of 2019 with my Bachelors degree at twenty one years old. I utilized my time at Troy University to help others including both students and the greater community. I took initiative to lead others in advocacy on important issues and by empowering others with shared skills. These experiences, have prepared me for my next chapter in life. Initially I chose to participate in the accelerated law program ( freshman year, to junior year). My strong interest in social justice was highlighted in 2018 when I attended and completed the The Troy University Leadership Conference 2018. There I met Civil Rights leader , Congressman John Lewis. Shortly after meeting Congressman Lewis, I decided to organize and start the first Southern Poverty Law Center Chapter on Troy's campus with the help of my peers and supporting professors on campus. As the founder and first President for this new club at Troy, I used this opportunity to encourage my peers to stand up for those without a voice, a greater community collective. This nonpartisan organization provided a vehicle and opportunity for students to stand for those less privileged, promote social justice and civil rights in Alabama and across the country. It was a way to get students involved and encouraged to be united together. I was recognized multiple times in the school paper for my efforts to make Troy university a more progressive, unified community for all. The main center for SPLC in Montgomery recognized us at Troy as a strong voice for Southern Alabama. Furthermore as a member of the Pre Law association, I strengthened my study skills, and my ability to focus on these issues with my peers moving forward in my education and career.
In my senior year with Troy, I was awarded the Chancellors Scholarship for global competitiveness to study abroad.
I traveled for 10 days to Ireland and Scotland. This was one of the most important moments in my career because Studying abroad immersed me in culturally diverse environments. It reminded me that all opportunities should be embraced and encouraged me to think forward in life.
As my current employer has switched to remote operations due to current situation regarding COVID-19, I have been fortunate to gain experience working from home with a team that has successfully been able to serve the community despite the adversities we have all faced. In a time where nothing seems certain for most college students, being able to assist them with their education and continue reaching their goals has been a fufulling moment in my young professional career, and is something that will always stay with me.
- Biggest strength is working well with others and meeting new faces, creating great customer and staff relationships
- Broad Product knowledge, always making learning a priority
- Always focusing on new product knowledge, functionality and promotions
- Embracing unique greetings and customer service with positivity and paying attention to what I have learned and applying it to my sales
- Cash wrap efficient, as well as creating a well rounded relationship with traveling tourists and locals.
- Was able to quickly learn and adapt with my environment and make sales efficiently with my first day being in the busy summer.
- Being respectful and focusing on the day to day tasks, from customer needs, to cash wrap, to backstock and also cleaning the store.
- Made thousands in sales, reaching goals and helping others reach theirs.
- Worked Holidays such as Black Friday
- Able to analyze sale reports, numbers and focus on big sales when they arise
- Understands local environment, (FL) and can understand accordingly to the needs of the store.
MATT FOLMAR - LAW PROFESSOR TROY UNIVERSITY
PAUL HERRING -CLAIM WRITE
DR. JAY VALENTINE
LEAH PARRIS -MANAGER KINNUCANS
DUSTIN GLOVER -SOLSTICE SUNGLASSES
Resumes, and other information uploaded or provided by the user, are considered User Content governed by our Terms & Conditions. As such, it is not owned by us, and it is the user who retains ownership over such content.
Job Titles Held: