Want to use this resume?
City, State, Zip Code
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Highly knowledgeable and skilled Student Support Specialist has excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate and advise students on their paths to degree completion.Possesses excellent guidance and auditing of degree requirements.Has a Master’s Degree in Counseling Psychology and a Bachelor’s degree in Educationand more than eleven years of Student Support Specialist experience at the college level.
- Excellent oral and verbal communication abilities
- Good listening and critical thinking skills
- Experienced with administering career inventories and advising students regarding degree paths
- Strong collaboration with students and coworkers
- Knowledgeable about various careers and keeps up-to-date on industries
- Above-average auditing skills
- Good motivator to assist students to stay on track
- Performed student recruitment and enrollment duties.
- Administered career interest inventories and advised students regarding career selection.
- Assisted students with degree audits and monitored progress toward completion.
- Assisted with recruiting and matching students with peer mentors.
- Helped students with registering for classes and monitored degree audits.
- Assisted students with transferring to four-year universities upon completion.
- Helped students with financial aid applications.
There are plenty of opportunities to land a Student Support Specialist job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a Student Support Specialist resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.