Want to use this resume?
Home: 000-000-0000 | Cell: 000-000-0000
Certified Transportation Professional with a reputation for excellence and flawless driving record. Highly skilled in planning routes and transportation logistics to achieve strict delivery timeframes and maintain customer service and satisfaction benchmarks. Demonstrated leadership skills with the capacity to develop policies and procedures to improve safety, driver competencies, and standardize operations.
- Commercial Trucking
- Routing and Logistics
- DOT Regulations
- Time Management
- Safety Management
- Carrier Coordination
- Develop programs, policies, and procedures to ensure safety for all drivers and minimize incidents and injuries resulting from vehicular accidents; eliminate safety risks and provide comprehensive training for all vehicles.
- Work with management to recruit, qualify, and hire Department of Transportation (DOT) certified drivers; coordinate routine vehicle inspections and maintenance, train and supervise drivers, and investigate accident histories and driver history checks.
- Evaluate compliance, safety, and accountability (CSA) scores and work with drivers to lower scores.
- Track and log international shipments; uphold compliance with customs and import/export laws.
- Locate and assign available trucks for freight transportation, and schedule shipment pickup and delivery.
- Manage outside carrier load routing to minimize costs; negotiate rates and contracts to expand and develop carrier list.
- Transported freight from origin to destination per customer contract agreements.
- Coordinated daily deliveries in accordance with customer schedules; adjusted itineraries to accommodate peak delivery times and alternate routing needs.
- Prepared and managed delivery authorization, pickup documentation, and manifests.
- Performed and recorded daily pre-trip inspections using company checklist and submitted detailed reports after trips and deliveries.
- Recorded and reconciled delivery and trip expenses, and reviewed invoices for accuracy and completion.
- Reinforced and upheld DOT regulations, OSHA requirements, and company policies and procedures.
- Scheduled local and regional customer deliveries; coordinated delivery teams to meet delivery timeframes.
- Loaded and unloaded merchandise, and reviewed deliveries at terminal destination to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Managed delivery invoicing and collected customer payments.
Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
Class A License and Endorsements
There are plenty of opportunities to land a CDL Truck Driver job position, but it won’t just be handed to you. Crafting a CDL Truck Driver resume that catches the attention of hiring managers is paramount to getting the job, and LiveCareer is here to help you stand out from the competition.