Job Action Day 2012 -- November 5th -- is all about empowering job-seekers to create, build, and enhance your personal career brand -- helping you move your career and/or job-search forward.
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
As job-hunting and career development strategies continue to evolve, one thing is certain -- the power of branding to establish, build, and enhance a job-seeker's reputation.
A job-seeker's career brand is the unique set of experiences, accomplishments, skills, education, attitude, passion, and the like that provide the promise of value to future employers.
Career branding strategies should be used in all aspects of career development and job-hunting, including on resumes, LinkedIn profiles, personal Websites, social media activities, interviewing, and salary negotiation.
Job Action Day 2012, the fifth-annual initiative spearheaded by Quintessential Careers, includes expert and empowering articles, tips, and blog posts that give job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to tackle your career brand.
Job Action Day 2012 Articles:
- 10 Reasons to Love Your Personal Brand, by Meg Guiseppi
- You are the Face of Your Brand, by Wendy Terwelp
- The Value of Creating an Adaptive Professional Brand, by Nacie Carson
- Branded Career Communications for Job-Seekers, by Susan Guarneri
- Tell An Exciting Story to Communicate the Value of Your Personal Brand, by Nancy J. Miller
- 5 Video Resume Branding Tips for Job-Seekers, by Josh Tolan
- Your Personal Brand Needs You, by Tim Tyrell-Smith
- Personal Branding Advice from Top Career Experts, compiled by Randall S. Hansen, Ph.D.
- Employers Don't Give A Damn About You!, by Rick Gillis
Bloggers participating in Job Action Day 2012 include:
- Quintessential Resume and Cover Letter Tips Blog: The Buzz About Branding Yourself in Your Resume, by Cheryl Roshak
- Susan Guarneri: Career Assessment Goddess
- Miriam Salpeter: Keppie Careers
- Meg Guiseppi: Executive Career Brand
- Wendy Terwelp: Rock Your Career®
- Kim N. Carswell: Resume Branding™ Blog
- Hannah Morgan, Career Sherpa
- Nancy J. Miller: Creative Lifework Design
- Deborah Brown-Volkman: The Career Coach's Blog
Job Action Day was established by Quintessential Careers, the Web's leading career site, as an annual event that brings together career experts and bloggers to provide the most relevant advice to job-seekers and workers.