Job Action Day 2011 is all about empowering job-seekers to attain the skills employers seek, take charge of directing your career, and be vocal and demand action on job creation -- helping you move your career and/or job-search forward.
Job Action Day is a day for all job-seekers and workers to take stock of their situations and make plans and/or take action steps to improve their careers.
As the unemployment crisis sadly continues -- much worse than most experts have expected, it's clear that job-seekers must now become proactive in attaining the skills employers seek, taking charge of your careers, and demanding action on job creation.
Job Action Day 2011, the fourth-annual initiative spearheaded by Quintessential Careers, includes expert and empowering articles, tips, and blog posts that give both workers and job-seekers information, ideas, and concrete steps that you can take to secure your futures -- both in the short-term and in the long-term.
Skill Up: The skills mismatch is a huge issue in the current jobs crisis. Thousands of jobs are going begging because employers can't find skilled employees. This theme focuses on what job-seekers can do to attain the skills that will help land these jobs (including retraining, internships, apprenticeships, lateral job moves, and more).
Start Up: Refers not only to starting small businesses as an alternative to traditional jobs or unemployment, but a whole new mindset of being the CEO of your career -- having a portfolio of portable skills, a great network, flexibility, a project-mentality; not sitting at the computer visiting job boards, but getting out there and meeting people, knocking on doors, taking ownership of your career path.
Speak Up: Job-seekers need to be more vocal and demand action from our elected officials -- using the media to push a jobs agenda and demanding better media coverage of the jobs crisis -- as well as from the so-called job creators to create more jobs.
Job Action Day 2011 Articles
Skill Up Articles
- Skill Up To Step Up Your Career Future
- 4 Ways Job-seekers Can Skill Up In a Post-Recession Economy
- Skill Up: Raise Your Career Metabolism, Bring Your A+ Game, and Develop More Magnetism
Start Up Articles
- Boomers into Business: How to Turn What You Know into Dough
- 10 Steps to Bullet-Proof Your Career in the New World of Work
Speak Up Articles
Expert Job Action Day Tips Article
Job Action Day 2011 Participating Blogs
- Deborah Brown-Volkman: The Career Coach's Blog
- Susan Guarneri, Career Assessment Goddess
- Wendy Terwelp, Rock Your Career
- Meg Guiseppi, Executive Career Branding
- Maggie Mistal, Career Advice Blog
- Nancy Miller, Life Work News
- Deborah Shane, Deborah Shane Toolbox
- Miriam Salpeter, Keppie Careers
- Hannah Morgan, Career Sherpa
- Stephen Hinton, Hinton Human Capital
- Tim Tyrell-Smith, Tim's Stategy
Read the Job Action Day 2011 News Release.
Job Action Day was established by Quintessential Careers, the Web's leading career site, as an annual event that brings together career experts and bloggers to provide the most relevant advice to job-seekers and workers.