Use this professional created Sales Support job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Applicants who wish to work in sales support will be responsible for making travel arrangements, filing paperwork, managing appointments and providing other support tasks for the sales staff. They may also be required to assist customers by answering questions, resolving complaints or setting up new accounts.
In your job description, indicate how much experience in a sales environment is required, as well as the fact that sales support applicants should be enthusiastic and able to multitask.
Your sales support job description should detail which programs your company uses, such as Salesforce or Workday, as well as mention that applicants should have a proven track record for being reliable, getting results and interacting professionally with customers.
Sales Support Job Description Template
Are you looking for a fun and challenging job in a fast-paced environment with lots of room for career advancement? If so, we hope you will join our dedicated team of sales support administrators and use your enthusiasm and innovation to help us reach our goals. You will be working directly with both agents and clients to facilitate sales, increase brand awareness, and build a satisfied customer base. We have great respect for every member of our team and offer competitive pay and benefits, career development programs, and valuable incentives for strong performance. Enjoy a competitive and rewarding environment while enhancing your resume and building a vast network of industry contacts.
- Provide daily comprehensive support for sales staff, including making travel arrangements, filing the necessary paperwork, and managing calendar appointments.
- Communicate frequently with sales agents, managers, and executives to develop and implement new methods and procedures for increasing sales, promoting brand awareness, encouraging customer loyalty, and expanding market territory.
- Engage with customers daily to answer questions, resolve complaints, handle sales escalations, initiate follow-up on leads, and set up new accounts.
- Review budget and pricing information as needed to verify accuracy and assess profitability, and calculate necessary modifications to meet financial goals.
- Prepare detailed monthly sales reports containing relevant information on agents, territories, quotas, inventories, budgets, leads, growth projections, and marketing initiatives.
- Attend meetings as required with sales staff, managers, technical personnel, and others to discuss product information, sales goals, and inter-departmental coordination efforts.
- Organize and coordinate promotional events and annual celebrations for clients, executives, and/or sales personnel, including researching and booking venues, entertainment, and vendors.
- Use data and analysis tools as necessary to research potential territories and markets and prepare reports with findings and suggestions.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- At least four years’ experience in a sales environment
- Reliable and detail-oriented with proven track record of exceptional customer service and results-oriented methods
- Enthusiastic and positive with excellent multitasking skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
Experience with multiple industry tools and programs such as Salesforce and Workday