Use this professional created Marketing Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Marketing managers work with various departments at an organization to develop budgets and strategies for marketing campaigns. They coordinate promotional events such as giveaways and contests. They also need to negotiate ad contracts for television, radio or online campaigns. Marketing managers analyze data and conduct surveys to draw conclusions as to what strategies are effective.
Marketing managers often need a bachelor’s degree in marketing management or advertising. Prior real-world experience working as a public relations specialist, purchasing agent or sales representative comes in handy.
Your marketing manager job description also needs to have all the useful skills you want to see in applicants, including organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Marketing managers need to be creative and should have no problem assuming a leadership position.
Marketing Manager Job Description Template
Our company is one of the leading forces in the industry, and it is up to our marketing team to make it known that the products we provide are of better quality than any of the competition’s. We are seeking a new management professional to lead a closely knit team of marketing experts. If you have experience maximizing efficiency and orchestrating continuous improvement, we want you to apply for our Marketing Manager position. We are looking for a talented and patient professional who puts communication skills as a priority for his or her marketing approach. You should have a firm understanding of marketing principles.
- Develop marketing plan and update it on a monthly basis to remain relevant to changing market trends and requirements.
- Interact with outside web development teams to ensure that website design and the company’s internet presentation are in line with the image we want to have.
- Compile and organize company statistics and make monthly presentations to the board; manage the monthly marketing budget, making improvements and cuts where necessary to meet company goals.
- Design marketing campaigns and assign work to the rest of the team to ensure campaigns are as successful as possible; organize marketing team members and delegate work according to ability.
- Oversee the creation of marketing assets and manage the implementation of such assets.
- Create calendar of marketing events, including product launches, news interaction, blog posts, and other campaigns.
- Support ambassadors before speaking events to guarantee they are prepared to represent the company in the proper light.
- Interview potential marketing team additions and oversee the hiring process.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 – 8 years of marketing experience
- 1 – 2 years of management experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Computer and tech-savvy
- Familiar with Hubspot, Salesforce, or other similar marketing technology
- Web development knowledge