Use this professional created Senior Product Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
Senior product managers act as liaisons between departments to decide on proper strategies and plans while acting as points of contact. They also commonly have project management duties to tend to, such as drafting budgets and supervising work plans.
Senior product managers are commonly expected to be good leaders and be able to form connections with their coworkers and team members. Your senior product manager job description might also touch on the fact that you desire a candidate who has a certain level of experience.
An additional trait senior product managers have is innovation. A spirit of creativity is necessary for coming up with innovative plans, products and services. Having the proper education, such as an MBA, may also help strengthen necessary skills and qualities.
Senior Product Manager Job Description Template
Are you passionate about using your creative skills to imagine, direct and create? Are you highly detail-oriented and able to see small specifics that others often miss? As a results-oriented senior product manager, we would love to have you on our team as you oversee and direct the product development process. With plenty of support and cooperation from our executive, engineering, operations, finance and design teams, you will help create a roadmap, strategy and vision for each of our new products and features. With your passion, talent and expertise, you can help us create products that our customers will receive with excitement and appreciation.
- Work with coordinating departments to create and implement a decisive project plan and strategy from product development to launch.
- Act as the key authority and point of contact for project development concepts, business strategy and business models.
- Perform various project management duties, including creating a budget and ensuring it is not exceeded, managing work plans and facilitating an efficient product development effort between individual co-workers and departments.
- Partner with the marketing, engineer and design teams to bring the product vision to life with prototypes and mocks.
- Ensure that various stages of product development are completed on time by leading, organizing and requesting constant updates from cross-functional teams.
- Collect, analyze and report on data and make adjustments to development plans as needed to facilitate a successful new product rollout.
- Represent the voice of the end consumer throughout the development process.
- Ensure that high standards of reliability, quality, usability and measurement are adhered to throughout each phase of product development.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of five years’ product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Passion for conceiving, creating and designing useful, innovative products
- Experience identifying various business problems or product flaws and coming up with creative solutions
- MBA preferred