Use this professional created Restaurant Manager job description example to gain some inspiration on how to best craft your job description.
It’s up to restaurant managers to hire and train crew members, help in daily business operations, see that food is prepared correctly and make sure all work areas and equipment meet the business’ standards. Managers also draft schedules, handle payroll and create restaurant standards.
As you’re creating your restaurant manager job description, you might want to mention you desire applicants who are excellent communicators, well-organized and adept at solving problems. It’s also a good idea to include you seek applicants with solid and proven leadership abilities.
In the modern age, it’s common for restaurants to seek out managers who have a measure of postsecondary education. Depending on the position and your restaurant, you might be fine with candidates who have a high school diploma.
Restaurant Manager Job Description Template
Are you looking for a fast-paced job where you can exhibit your dedication to hospitality, service, and excellence in a rewarding environment? We want you to become a respected member of our management team! As a valued restaurant manager, you will motivate, inspire, and mentor staff, delight our guests and commit to providing excellent customer experiences. As an innovator, we will look to you to find new and better ways of developing a dynamic and successful team. You will utilize your superior organization and communication skills to quickly address concerns and discover lasting solutions while upholding our high standards for 100 percent customer satisfaction.
- Create a positive customer experience by offering a high level of service and ensure all staff members interact with guests to learn their needs and surpass expectations.
- Resolve complaints and customer problems in an efficient and friendly manager with the primary goal of satisfying their needs and continuing to earn their business.
- Hire, coach, and train assistant and shift managers for operational excellence, and develop new hire orientation programs.
- Provide leadership to staff to ensure compliance with standards as set by the restaurant and applicable government regulations.
- Identify and assign duties to staff and shift leaders to meet objectives and consistently achieve excellent service.
- Monitor labor and product expenses to remain within budget, meet goals, and successfully advertise and support the brand.
- Manage operations with integrity, passion, and knowledge while promoting the values and culture of the restaurant.
- Estimate consumption, forecast requirements, and maintain inventory to control costs and minimize waste.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Prior restaurant and managerial experience
- Completely trained in all areas of the restaurant industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and knowledge of customer service principles, including customer needs assessments and guest satisfaction evaluations
- Ability to resolve disputes satisfactorily and neutralize tense situations
- College degree or equivalent